Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 17 year old son just bought a 1991 integra so I'm here to learn as much as I can about them. I like to do my own repairs, PMs, and maintenance and I want to teach him the ways of the wrench. I grew up modding/racing fox body Mustangs and currently toy around with my 2012 C63 but my kid fell in love with an integra and used his own money to buy one. I'm proud of him so I want to learn what I can to keep it running. He says it's a b18 motor and it's a 5 speed. I need to get a new windshield for it asap and it has a tiny exhaust leak at the header gasket. Other than that it really doesn't need anything. Previous owner included new motor and trans mounts but they don't feel bad right now. Anyway just introducing myself and will probably be lurking around for a while.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want a catback, get a revel medallion. I just saved you like 10 hours of back and forth research. I'm 17 and also have a 91, and trust me I know this car inside and out. I did an engine swap and lots of other mods. Number one piece of advice is to do maintenance before you do mods. I spent 1100 bucks on a full exhaust system (which was totally worth it,) but then two days later had to spend 600 at a mechanic and 250 in my own maintenance. So DO NOT start doing mods to it until you have caught up on maintenance. Not just because of budget, but also because everything you mess with can become a new problem area. This is what I would do: Check your alternator, check tie rods, check ball joints, check spark plugs, and check your fuel filter. I don't know what has already been done to it, but I would do a tune up. It's a fun car though, so have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts