Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn. tonight i drove the sh*t out of my teg.. and ended up on the side of the road with it smokin like hell. Temp. on H and looks like the antifreeze is leaking.. maybe a hose? Well I guess i'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and maybe what would be the first thing to check out or do.. to get fixed. thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
hey man,

it sounds like it is your radiator. There was a post earlier this week with the same problem. Take a look at your engine area...look at the seal at the top of the radiator. Integra radiators usually last up 80-100k. Since you don't specify your car's year or mileage, i can't say if this is right. couple of suggestions people give ya on this.

you can reseal the plastic on the radiator...personally i wouldn't do this. it's a temporary fix at best.

another thing a guy on here did, was find that the plastic cap on the radiator was the problem. he sealed the cap and everything seems fine now.

my suggestion...i had the tempature gauge shoot up on me. I had to add coolant and carry a water bottle on the passenger's seat for the drive home from SF, where the engine started smoking (check for coolant overspray in you engine area) Then I didn't drive it until Monday to the mechanic. our engines can't take the beating that you give them when you drive while having this problem. A new radiator at an independent mechanic will run you $300. At the dealer $450. You can also find info on this site on how to do it yourself that other people have posted

·
Registered
16 Posts
sounds like your radiator hose busted. if it is the hose, when you replace it, remember to change the thermostat too. If not, you can buy a new radiator for about $100-$160. They usually come metal instead of the stock plastic. Installation is easy.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
the way i see it...

if you have high mileage...just replace your radiator, thermostat, and the rubber hoses. Sounds like the radiator cuz i remember we had 2 nice days in march, of last year, and i was driving hard because the roads were clear. well needless to say, the radiator cracked, but i replaced it quickly.

DO NOT DRIVE YOUR TEG WITH THIS PROBLEM - HEAT KILLS ALUMINUM BLOCKS!!! (ie. b18 block)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts