Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 1998 DC2-R and have had trouble with two leaking Nissens radiators on it both from the lower crimp. The first one was replaced under warranty. Now this one a few years later is leaking from the same place!! 馃槧

It's done a total of 1498miles since it was fitted as it doesn't get driven much. I've contacted Nissens and they deny there's a manufacturing issue with them.

Have you guys had any issues with leaking Nissens radiators?

Registered
a lot of formerly great brands are now made in china of the finest chinesium junk.
denso and tyc are still favorites at rockauto.
i'd go with denso though they may now be chinesium as well.
here's a good guide to aftermarket parts, things have changed a lot in the last few years:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
@wino thanks for the information. If I could get a brand new genuine Honda one it would save a lot of headaches as the original one lasted 160k miles and I only replaced it because the core was badly corroded. Sadly these have been discontinued. So at the moment it's hit and miss with buying a replacement. I could always get a custom one made so that doesn't bother me much. I was more interested if anyone has or had issues with leaking Nissens radiators? 640941 to be specific.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts