Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get bashed, I’m new to the forums and I want to hear some of you guys thoughts about how I should handle this situation.
I recently bought coil overs for my integra and did the fronts with no problem at all just some pb on the bolts and everything went by smoothly. Now the rear has just been a complete b***h! The passenger side was seized on and took an extensive amount of effort to get off.
5E573891-7083-443E-8092-08426170EA06.jpeg

^ used a grinder and just cut the s**t off. After a lot of swear words and frustration, it finally came out taking the bushing with it

That alone took like 3 hours.
Then I moved onto the other side and the head of the bolt snapped so the grinder was brought out again and began cutting.

After that
to a dealer and bought 2 new bolts

Now I instead of just replacing the bushings I have new LCAs to replace these so I am going to use these. I vigorously sprayed PB on ALL the LCA bolts and I’m hoping to god they don’t break. I got a torch now and will torch the hell out of them in hopes of getting them out easily. Tomorrow when I get up I’ll keep those of you reading updated.
(Ps I know my abs wire is cut. The abs didn’t work anyway)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck and I feel your pain. Had to cut toe arm bolts for my ITR restomod and replace the captured nuts.

Having bolts seized in the bushings s*cks!!! Hope it all works out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck and I feel your pain. Had to cut toe arm bolts for my ITR restomod and replace the captured nuts.

Having bolts seized in the bushings s*cks!!! Hope it all works out
yeah it’s a complete pain in the ***! My advice to anyone working on a old car suspension is to buy bolt ahead of time because they will break and have you running around town trying to get replacements!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep. Same issue in my 99 LS. Had the cut the bolt off the driver side rear strut mount and replace the bushing bc the bolt seized. I’ve since replace ALL my bushings with poly bushings. Both bolts for the rear upper control arms that tie to the trailing arm, had seized. And the driver side toe arm bolt-to-chassis as well. Lots of long nights and cutting and cussing with the suspension on mine, specifically the rear!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the same exact issue doing mine. Replacing the front was really a non-issue, but several of the bolts in the rear were stuck in the LCAs.

I used a lot of penetrating oil, six sided sockets, breaker bars etc, but some were just stuck or snapped like in that picture above. I ultimately uses a "sawzall" and angle grinder with a cutting disk to cut a large amount of the components out including at least 1 stock LCA and part of the strut since I was going with the Function 7 ones anyways.

Definitely a good idea to replace with the OEM bolts that you have there even though they are a small fortune from the dealership just for like 6 grade 8 bolts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you’re replacing with new bolts you should be fine. Or do like I did when I reassembled my suspension parts. Put anti-seize lube on the part of the bolt that rests inside the bushing sleeves. My rear bolts were in bad shape

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. Same issue in my 99 LS. Had the cut the bolt off the driver side rear strut mount and replace the bushing bc the bolt seized. I’ve since replace ALL my bushings with poly bushings. Both bolts for the rear upper control arms that tie to the trailing arm, had seized. And the driver side toe arm bolt-to-chassis as well. Lots of long nights and cutting and cussing with the suspension on mine, specifically the rear!
Yup that’s what I did just replaced nearly everything. New bolts and keep some that were save able

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best bit of advice I have is buy an impact gun like in the pic. Use petetrating oil, keep spraying on bolt area for at least week before. Set the gun to tighten the bolt before you try undoing it. Sometimes is breaks the corrosion bond between the bolt and the bush and allows it to come loose easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts