Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my new body kit, I will not be able to lower the car from the stock height.

So in order to create a smaller wheel gap without lowering...what is the largest Rim and Tire size (tires being no larger or smaller then 40) that we can fit?

19" with 40's?
20" with 40's?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
18 and even then it will be difficult for you to turn the wheel

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
If you don't lower the car then putting larger wheels on will close the gap but actually make the car look lifted. Don't go higher than 17s. There is a thread around here with pictures of tegs with 17s that aren't loewred. That is the look you are going to have. It will look even taller if you use 18s or 19s. Those wheels are only for show and a bad idea for a daily driver anyway.

·
Registered
816 Posts
staticxxcitats on Mar/26/04 said:
18's like phantom said but your more than likely gonna get some rub making sharp turns, i would recommend 17's
I'm sorry but you're wrong....I have 18's and lowered 2" I can turn lock to lock NO rubbing. So he can run 18's easy w/o lowering. Some companies are making 20x7's for imports nowadays

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I'd love to see you put a 20" wheel on our car without moding the wheel well!
I also have my doubts that you are actually lowered 2". Everyone else has a small rub problem with 18" wheels. Usually when going lock to lock.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
If you look inside the well...you will see a worn spot. I can see it in the pic. Toward the from of the inside of the wheel just above the spoke. Back wall.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
That's another thing... If you are going to go with an 18 inch wheel that has lots of open space, then at least get bigger brakes. It just makes the stock brakes look puny when there is that much space around them. And not rubbing going straight and flat is not the same as not rubbing when you hit a little bump. 18s with a 2" drop has to rub. You lose all the clearance at the top if you hit a bump.

·
Registered
816 Posts
jojo on Mar/26/04 said:
If you look inside the well...you will see a worn spot. I can see it in the pic. Toward the from of the inside of the wheel just above the spoke. Back wall.
Yes they did rub when I had it lowered 4 inches
then they rubbed like f-ing crazy.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and yeah, i seen that thread with the 17"s at stock height... thats why i'm looking for a larger wheel to fill up that wheel gap.BTW, with the body kit already being so low... the "lift" that a larger wheel will create will probebly make it look as the same as the stock height of the OEM kit.
ya know what i'm saying?

I jsut dont want to go to big and have the tires rub the wheel well like what was dicsussed at the top of the thread.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Integraoligist on Mar/26/04 said:
and yeah, i seen that thread with the 17"s at stock height... thats why i'm looking for a larger wheel to fill up that wheel gap.BTW, with the body kit already being so low... the "lift" that a larger wheel will create will probebly make it look as the same as the stock height of the OEM kit.
ya know what i'm saying?

I jsut dont want to go to big and have the tires rub the wheel well like what was dicsussed at the top of the thread.
a 215-35-18 will only raise the car by about a 1/4 inch because they're only 1/2" bigger diameter than a 196-60-14

·
Registered
246 Posts
you CAN go bigger than 17, it's not set in stone that 17's as big as you can go and that's it, you CAN go bigger, however, as a daily driver, 17's are as big as I would put on there. 18's are gonna rub, they rub for everyone, with the except of ig4teg, he's got a miracle teg or something, wish i could put 18's no rub on, anyways, if you DO decide to go into 19, 20" territory, you get a whole new set of problems, yes, with your lowered body kit, it would probably bring it back to stock look, but you're gonna have to mod your wheel wells ( fender wells, whatever ) and your gonna wanna upgrade your brakes, just because running 19's, 20's with stock brakes, is just not smart.

·
Registered
816 Posts
yes with wheels that big you will definitely want bigger brakes.

I was wrong before about not rubbing because I did modify my front fenders, fender wells. I pulled the fenders out about 3/4 of an inch when I rolled them. So I do have more room.

Sorry it's been like that for so long I forgot.

·
Registered
328 Posts
215 35 tires to use on 18's and its also the same for 19's. 17's are nice 18's i believe has good street and show appearance 19's i think is just show thats just my oppinion, if you do an 18 or even a 17 for that matter try to go with a light weight set. both 17's and 18's can rub depending on a number of things how low, camber how many people you have packed into your car etc in my personal oppinion you can put the biggest wheel you can find on a car and if you don't have a nice set or your car is sitting up like a truck then you aint doing right

·
Registered
816 Posts
heh I was at a show in Lawton, OK and there was an accord on 20's but they backed it off the trailer on 17's parked it put the 20's on it and the showed it. put the 17's back on and pulled it back on the trailer. lol

1 - 20 of 102 Posts