Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend said that people from here had instructions on how to do this fairly easily. Anyone help me out?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search and everyone was saying like 1-2g's on each door, but really didnt give a place that sells the stuff needed to do it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
granted they look cool sitting still... unless u plan on parking within a foot of a car a next to you... i dont see the point, at least not for the money

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
integra_guy on Sep/09/02 said:
let's say if your car flip over wouldn't it be kinda hard too get out ?
it's called a window, and if your car flipped over, i don't think you would be in the condition to get out...lambo doors are great for shows, the ultimate eye catcher...if your doing this just to do, then don't...the kits alone cost well over a grand and can most likely not be done by a non-professional...even pros have trouble...before you consider this..plan and think it out...

·
Registered
549 Posts
for the record, in the world of custom body work, its not known as lambo doors, its scissor doors

·
Registered
648 Posts
integra_guy on Sep/09/02 said:
Quote: FlyinHighImport on Sep/09/02
it's called a window [/QUOTE]And most people won't fit through a window..
[/quote] If you can't squeeze through a normal car door window, you really need to lose weight. They're not that small.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
dwolsten on Sep/10/02 said:
Quote: integra_guy on Sep/09/02Quote: FlyinHighImport on Sep/09/02
it's called a window[/QUOTE]And most people won't fit through a window.. [/QUOTE]If you can't squeeze through a normal car door window, you really need to lose weight. They're not that small.
[/quote]
ha ha if you cant fit through the window, consider selling your teg cause you wont be able to go fast with all that extra weight anyway.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I just had another thought to take into consideration about this mod... safety?... How strong is the latch? Is it as strong if not stronger than the stock OEM latch mechanism? Will it hold up in the event of an accident? Does it just use the stock latch? I just wouldn't want to get rear-ended and have my doors fly off... that would kinda suck as much as rolling over and being too fat to get out of the window.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
nospeedlimit143 on Sep/10/02 said:
I just had another thought to take into consideration about this mod... safety?... How strong is the latch? Is it as strong if not stronger than the stock OEM latch mechanism? Will it hold up in the event of an accident? Does it just use the stock latch? I just wouldn't want to get rear-ended and have my doors fly off... that would kinda suck as much as rolling over and being too fat to get out of the window.
I agree with you, and some people need too take a close look at how it open's up and just think about this what if your paking near a poll wouldn't the door hit it since it open up ward's and it kinda stick out , and it might even hit the side walk

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You'd put 2 grand into this??? I scoff at you...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts