Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was doin some research about lambo doors but i wanted to know if anyone has lambo doors, and where they got the hinges from and how much?

·
Registered
296 Posts
There around the 1200 to 1500 dollar range depending on where you get them from. Autoloc makes a kit, so does Decah, the only other kit i can think of is made by verticle doors. I am not quite sure who distributes these kits.

·
Registered
874 Posts
the autoloc and decah kits are the same. if i could remember the company that has the patent, id tell you.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
not worth the money IMO, if you are smart and handy enough to install one of those kits yourself you may as well fabricate a kit yourself. some plans, heavy guage steel, and a cuttting/welding outfit rented for a weekend could take care of what you get in one of those kits for much less money, but that is just how i would do it

on a side note, i am not a fan of most of the 'import showcar trends', but i thing lambo doors on Integras if done correctly, ESPECIALLY tegs with JDM front ends, look incredible. that silver JDM teg with a C-west or Mugen front bumper that had the lambo doors that was owned by Meguires or some company was amazing looking...if you got the cash go for em

·
Registered
798 Posts
man ive seen the kits, they come with brackets and some nuts and screws, and some shocks, if you look at it, you could swear they are making a killing off of profit, im talking about 700+ ... selling it for 1ooo-15oo, and it only costing them 200 a kit, wtf yo. haha i hate this!!! and isn't it that once techonolgy changes, prices drop? how come this kit has not since dropped a penny?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
be careful on those kits hardware...if you watched MTV's pimp my ride, one of the bolts broke when they were installing the hinges on that purple civic...how much more when they put the door on? reliability issues? yes! pretty embarrassing when you open the door and your door falls off in front of everybody...and everybody knows you spent $1+ for that...now who's the stupid one?

·
Registered
128 Posts
ok ok, as an owner of the decah kit, which i have on the 90-93 integras, but the kit is also interchangable with the 3rd gen integras as well....it's high quality material. although after looking at it and everything one can create such a hinge for more than half the cost. and decah also sells the gas shocks seperate if you'd want to acquire one for 68 bucks. a good welder/frabricator can make one of these kits for 3-400 bucks. heck i would of gone that route but when i purchased the kit i didn't know anyone else with it nor have i seen the actual product in person.

anyways honestly the money was well spent, roughly 1300 i believe, and i did the install myself, i'll tell you straight up there's flaws in the system. the gas shocks will wear after awhile and the 6 month warrenty can only get you so far. then your doors won't be able to stay up, well that's for my 2nd gen considering those doors are heck of a lot heavier then the 3rd gens. anyways yes they are an eye catcher, and honestly a paint to get out of, but gettin in is a breeze. for my car and any other car it's just strictly for show. the seals on the aren't PERFECT as oem, but they close, i had to do some custom body work on the fenders to match the doors with it. eh whatever no biggie...and yes on certain cars they do look nice.

the way they work is, that you're able to open your doors regularly for about a 12 inches until you hit a bump stop, then you'd just basically lift up. to answer your questions, you can go directly to www.decah.net which i'd advise not to since they overcharge. go to a local aftermarket store see if they can order you a set, and autoloc also sells a kit, which is their own independent company, they even have an optional motor replacing the gas shock/ manuel lift. and vdc verticle door conversion has a kit similar to decah's. there's always ebay as well. just be sure they are genuine products.

for NUMEROUS pics of my car as well as others, as others stated do a search. i own the kandy purple 93 integra. anyways if you need anymore information i'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have. just reply back or PM me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Cool... a real owner to ask questions of...

First, why would the G2 doors be heavier than the G3 doors? Just curious.

Is it possible to use better gas shocks? I'm no gas shock expert, but I've been using the same gas shocks in my G3's hatch for 10 years now and they still seem to operate as good as new. Sounds like there's something wrong if they're wearing out so fast.

Can you take any close-up photos of the hinges and post them? I'm really curious what they look like.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
tsugsr on Mar/28/04 said:
speaking of MTVs pimp my ride...did anyone see the whole show about that civic? what all did they do to it besides put that gay spoiler on it??
Seen it yesterday afternoon. Outside they replaced the front bumper and rear bumper. APC brand they said. Added the grill on the front. Interior wise, it was purple since it was her grandmas favorite color. Left the stock steering wheel but changed the airbag to purple cloth like material. The doors were coverted to lambo doors. The chairs were customed so it became a massage chair. Add some monitors and a ps2. In the trunk, they have 2 bazooka subs that look like NOS and customed 2 little trays in there which she can take out to feed her dog. Added an ugly as wing/spoiler and some chrome rims w/ tires. Engine was not touched i believed.

Lets try to get sponsored by Xzibit for our car. Do a special on fixing an import to win a show. LOL!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
thats sad, they should do a pimp my ride where they actually do practical type stuff, like fixing up the engine or something not rice...did anyone see that van?? im sorry but that was fuggin ugly, they put a HUGE ass spoiler on that thing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.