Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u see sumtimes on imports those lamborghini door conversions.. and they look cool..but have u ever seen it in action?>. well 2day i jus happened to see one open and close..and let me tell you.. it looked like crap..doesnt move as smooth as the real lambos do.. its pretty flimsy and awkward looking.. so if u any of you are considering doing that.. its not all what its cracked up to be....

·
Registered
457 Posts
yea i saw one for 2k but i was wondering myself if it would work with my doors cause on my car it doesn't have the bar above the window on the door so when i open my door it just has the window would i be able to get if for my car and it be ok?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i have a pic of a teg with one but i don't know how to post pics. If you wanna see it pm me and ill send you the pic and maybe you can post it on here. It looks pretty nice imo.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm no expert, but it seems to me it'd be harder to do with frameless windows, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I think the hinge may be a little complicated though.

It sure would be nice if someone would produce an affordable jacknife-door conversion kit for Integra. I'm sure it'd sell well.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
That would suck if you were in a garage w/a low ceiling and forgot your door and opened it and messed it up!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Pollux on Aug/14/02 said:
That would suck if you were in a garage w/a low ceiling and forgot your door and opened it and messed it up!
I'm not sure what the raised height of a Lamborghini door is, but I imagine it shouldn't be more than 7 or 8 feet, which should fit in any garage.

Maybe they could make them like the McLaren F1 doors: swing out instead of up, so they're not as tall.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't think those are motorized. I was watching Speedvision, one of the shows with the Import cars, and one guy had it "Motorized" sh*t opens like a cave door haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts