Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 94 LS, i'm about to get some rims but i don't know wat tire to get. I live in missouri and we get alot of weather here, snow today, sunny tomorrow and rain the next. i know that the s-03's are good and the parada spec-3's are good but i need something that will be good for my situation. i don't do alot of racing, i'm more of a daily driver and race once in a while when i see a ricey honda with the LED windshield sprayers with big ol' F1 aluminum wings. by the way...i ordered some sw 388's 15x6.5 and planning to get the 205/50/15's wat do you guys think of the kumho 712's for my situation? thanks guys!

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
me !

i have the 195/50/15's and love these tires to death, i almost (almost) wish they would wear out so i could buy another set!

of course (and this is an edit after Surf's reply), i live in SoFL where "winter" means 65-70 degress

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I wouldn't advise the the Kumho 712's in your situation especially with the winter months on their way. They are not all-season tires and will not hold in snow. If you don't have beater wheels/tires for the winter time I'd probably go with the Yokohama Avid T4 for all-season performance. There's really no "high performance" tires in the all-season category with snow traction, but that's probably the best you can do.

Your other option is to move near us CA/FL boys where snow does not exist. Run high performance summer super sticky tires all year round.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
grrrr...i hate PA - come winter, its gonna be nonstop cold and snow. hopefully my tires hold up

·
Registered
684 Posts
i have kuhmo 712's last yr. (195's). and i have no prob wit it. on rain, it cuts thru poddle real good. and on snow it wasnt that bad. this yr i have 250's on and ill see this winter. but im sure its going to be better cuz its a wider tire.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love my kumho's...but like Z, I live in Florida and my tires never see what you would consider mildly cold weather. =( They are great tires but are not meant for the cold from what I understand.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input guys. but do any one of you recommend something else that is lower priced? cuz the spoons already costed me 2 arms and a leg. i only got one leg and a head left. any more i'll be in trouble. any suggestions anyone? thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been driving on Kumho's this summer - they're adequate. About what I expected for the price. Predictable dry performance, and no problems in rain, although I've never pushed them. Pretty quiet, too. No way in hell I'd ever try & use them in anything resembling winter. Anything below 40 degrees and they turn into hockey pucks.

Although I have a feeling my definition of winter (NH) differs somewhat from a Missouri one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i am also lookin for a new tire selection and living in minnesota isnt helping me ... i havent been able to find those yokohamas avid t4s that were earlier stated..do any of you know where i could find those

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Well, considering you and I live in the same area...

I'm using 205/50 Dunlop SP5000's and have zero complaints. They have great wet and dry traction...and are good in the snow as well. I know they're a little more expensive, but if you ever drive anywhere west of STL into (like Eureka w/all those steep hills), you'll be glad you have those tires when it snows.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ive heard some really good things about the SP5000s. They are only about 80-90 bucks per tire. Not cheap, but not horribly expensive. The Avid T4 are more in the 60-70 dollar range. Coming from the heart of KS where it can be 75 degrees one day, a foot of snow the next, I am looking for that good set of All-Seasons like the rest of you.

Are the Avid H4 and V4 same tire but different speed rating??

I found everything so far at
Tire Rack
Discount Tire Direct

1 - 13 of 13 Posts