Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is the situation... I have the chance to get a COMPLETE 98 spec ITR head with 30,xxx miles for $1,000 shipped

or I have a chance to wind a GSR head for about half the price at 500 to 600. The GSR head has 50,xxx miles. both are stock but the GSR head comes with the intake manifold whereas the ITR head does not.

I am getting one of these heads so I can have SRD do the LS/VTEC i´ve always wanted. Do you think that i could just use the extra $400-500 to make the GSR head faster than the ITR head or should I just go with the ITR head since its so incredibly sweet.

also.... can anyone think of a more suitable (something that gives more power for the money) head for the lsvtec conversion?

Do you think 1,000 shipped for a complete ITR head (including cover) is a fair price?

thanks,
Pacheck

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
gs-r heads are better. ITR heads are only "sweet" because of the hype.

i'm positive all these types of questions have been answered in previous ls-vtec threads...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
you could make the gsr "faster" but the itr head is nice. The cams and valvetrain are sweet and the mild p&p from the factory. You could swap the cams and valvetrain in and get a p&p in the gsr head but its really you to you as wether you want to spend the money for the itr head.

·
Registered
829 Posts
GSR and spend the extra cash to up grade the valve train.

ITR head is just a b16a head with a mild p&p, cams and dual valve springs.

But thats just my oppinion. Good luck. stefan525

GSR head $500, ITR dual valve springs $150, ITR cams $450

Total : $1050 and an estimated 5-10 whp over the ITR set up.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
DaBoyNBlu on Feb/05/04 said:
i'm positive all these types of questions have been answered in previous ls-vtec threads...

you mean 7 years after the LS VTEC was invented by Steve Rothenbuehler no-one has ever discussed the choice between the GSR head and the ITR head before ?!! wonders never cease!!!...

I better bookmark this thread with it being the first and all...

LOL

here's the latest one in Jan/04 .

Not to mention the COMMoN TOPIC on this.

or this thread about a guy in the same situation as this guy

aaaand from this thread on Jan. 24/04.

Quote: clGSR98 on Jan/24/04
Quote: MichaelDelaney on Jan/24/04
Quote: supralova on Jan/24/04
bo ya grandpa>>> ls/b20/vtec stuff here ...

also id run the b16 head for a few reasons...

2) flows a lil better than the gsr

really? where did you get that?

let me guess...honda-tech?

How did you figure that....???.....hahaha

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
No one want's to mention the smaller combustion chamber of the GSR head? Believe it or not, the head does a bit more than flow air. IMO, most of the people flow more (hot) air from their mouths than a gsr or type r head ever will!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
TurboLSVtecTeg on Feb/24/04 said:
Will this be a N/A or FI setup??
it doesn't matter. we were looking at flow capacity of the 2 stock heads (unported). it can only flow so much before the flow goes sonic, whether you blow it in or use a combination of passive suction from the piston drop, ram theory or resonance, and scavenging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.