Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone's Valentine's Days went well.

Well, my quick review of Meguiar's New NXT Tech Wax is so-so. While the shine is great (deeper and wetter), the application and removal was kind of a PITA. It was about 45* out and my car was clayed, polished, and Klasse SG x 2 back in December. It was still a little slick to the touch from the Klasse. Anyways, the NXT didn't go on that well. I had to work it in a little bit harder than I'd like, let it dry for 15-20 mins, then took it off. Taking it off was "ok" being that I had to use a little umph to remove it. Anyways, the shine was a nice payoff.

Well here are the pics:

SG x 2

w/ NXT x 1

SG x 2

w/ NXT x 1

As you can see, more of a wet-look and it definately hid some of the swirls. It also deepens the color of the paint (which I love).

More Shots

Went out there this morning and the paint looked a little bit more wet and reflective but it had attracted some dust...I guess you sacrafice a little in other areas to get the look you want.

Overall though, this is my first time using NXT and definately not my last. I'm sure I will find a way to make it go on easier. Maybe it just doesn't like bonding to Klasse? Maybe I should shoot some QD on the applicator before using? But the look I achieve from it, not to mention the slickness, and value will make me use it over and over.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i cleaned my car yesterday since it was a decent weather and my car was totally dirty. i put a coat of Meguiar's NXT wax, and i thought it looked great. i havent taken pictures yet, but i will try to today. anyways, great shine on the car.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
looks nice

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Furious94LS on Feb/15/04 said:
as usual the car looks great. How much is the NXT?
Liz got it for me from Autopia. It was $15 + shipping there. Check Wal-Mart for it...they are beginning to carry it for $13.86.

I hear the NXT car wash blows away all other Meguiar's washes (and plenty other brands too) for gloss, lubricity, and cleaning ability. The NXT Spray Wax (have that too) is great for touch ups when NXT is your top layer. It enhances gloss and extends the life of the Tech Wax.

I just got a response from someone high up at Meguiar's and he said others have had the same problem of the NXT being a PITA in the cold. He assured me once it gets a little warmer it goes on and comes off great.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TheGSRGuy on Feb/17/04 said:
I still think 5 coats of SG and a layer of S100 owns all.

Front bumper

Driver's side

Passenger's side
Imagestation ownZ you. The pics are a no go. I guess www.photobucket.com is our new host

I agree SG x 5 + S100 works well, but NXT adds more of a WET look to the paint. Takes away some of the reflectivity than S100 has, but it looks like the paint will drip right off the car. It all depends on what you prefer, but NXT definately has a nice look to it.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vdog0531 on Mar/01/04 said:
lookin good.... i dont' know about everybody else... but i am lookin forward to the nice weather when you start pic whoring with the kit and wheels on her:)!!! keep up the good work
Thanks. I can't wait either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.