Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kind of a random idea, but my klasse made my black paint look awesome, so would it be a safe idea to do this to the body of my electric guitar also?

·
Registered
801 Posts
I know that some e. guitar finishes use car paint for custom. I would believe it would be alright to use it since its not going to penetrate the wood.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Read the bottle of Klasse. It is pretty much safe for any non-porous surface. Other than my entire vehicle, I use it on my computer (laptop), white gold jewelry, brushed aluminum glasses, stainless steel watch, etc.

Start on a small spot with AIO first. If all goes well, follow the necessary Klasse steps.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Dosen't the wood on the guitar need to breath though?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
hpracing007 on Mar/19/04 said:
Dosen't the wood on the guitar need to breath though?
Depends on the finish, his quitar (like mine) could be coated with this clear hard layer over it. Not sure what it's called but I think it might be poly urethane....

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I'm suprised this has gone on this long! But heres my input...
Wood doesn't need to breath. It pics up moisture unless it's sealed with a killer sealer. Even with Lacquers and Varnishes it still expands and contracts.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Who says that Klasse workd for scratched CDs? Klasse is non abrasive. It won't do anything for CDs. Polishing out scratches on a CD can be done with soap and a paper towel. You don't need Klasse.

I know many people who use Klasse on their guitars. I have had some customers ask me about other uses for Klasse. Some have been for guitars. It looks great. Klasse isn't a permenant laquer or paint. Its something that just protects what is already painted. It is safe for any painted surface I would say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.