Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

After reading so much bout klasse, I'm keen to try it - just wanted to find out bout a few things from ppl who've given it a go..

After putting say 5 coats of SG, can you feel the stuff on the surface of the paint? (when u rub ur finger along it? or does it feel a bit like a just-polished car?)...also, what happens if you apply it a bit thicker in one area than another?

Also ... I dunno why - but I keep thinking using Klasse or any glaze is just a fake way of making ur car shiny ... I dunno why the hell I do - must be strange - but I just think your layering on this stuff that gives it the shine .. its not your actual paint looking so good (i.e. once you take off all the layers it back to normal paint)..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Its not so much that you can 'feel' the Klasse. Its more like you can feel what's not on the surface of your car. If you have properly preped your car with clay and polish then you car is going to be smooth as a polished rock anyway. Klasse is just a sealant that protects it. You are still feeling your car when you touch it. (Which makes me cringe. Cars are for looking and not touching. Touching makes fingerprints. Eeeesccchhhhhh!)

As far as the look goes, that is still your car. If you have deeply oxidized paint or clear coat failure, then SG isn't going to hide any of it. However, if your car still looks like crap after you have polished and clayed it, then SG still isn't going to help you. Its not paint. Its clear. Its only going to change the way light reflects off of it. The color of your car and the condition of your paint isn't going to be any different after 5 layers of SG than it is after one. The reflections will be different and the gloss will change, but the car is still in the same condition. Make sense?

Klasse Sealant Glaze isn't a glaze like Meguiar's #7. #7 is very tempoary, lousy protection, and is loaded with oils. Its not even on the same playing field as SG. SG is a very durable acrylic sealant that contains no oil and will repel dust to some extent, rather than attract it like #7. #7 might look good for a week or two but SG will protect and shine for months. They really don't compare. Don't let the word "glaze" fool you. SG is not the same thing. #7 is a fake way of making your car look good. It loads up the surface with oils that fill the swirls for a time and makes the car look good enough for a one day show. If you want your car to look good for the everyday show on the streets then you want something other than #7.

Anyway, if you don't polish your car then SG isn't going to make it feel like you did. If you aren't going to go through the proper steps to make your car look right then don't expect the results others talk about. Wash-clay-polish-protect. Those are the steps. Don't just skip ahead to 'protect' and expect the same results. Ain't gonna happen. The perfect shine is not a product, its a process.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Actually, unless you clay it then you may still feel the bumps. AIO can't get all the IFO out. That's what clay is for. Clay Magic actually supplies a plastic baggie in the 200g bar box for you to try this experiment with. Its pretty cool. I washed my car yesterday when it was sunny and I don't need a plastic baggie to see the IFO on my car right now. I hate winter....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/12/04 said:
Put your hand inside a plastic bag and run it over the surface of your paint -- you can feel all the imperfections and grime that is on the paint, even after you wash it. It feels mirror smooth once Klasse is on.
yeah it does. Smoother than waxes I've used. Rags slide right off the hood once I've got it Klassed right.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
After a few washes, Klasse will lose it's initial slickness, but don't worry, it's still there.

A good way to tell if it's still there (Anthony said this on a different site)...Klasse the whole car and then a little spot on the fender, polish with a good polish to remove Klasse. Take notes of how the polished spot and the Klasse'd car acts with water (sheets, beads, etc). You don't have to do this everytime you Klasse your car, but the initial time will train your eye what to look for. A properly Klasse'd car should last 4-6 months under various conditions...Sometimes longer.

midwesta: You haven't met the ish man? jeez

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.