Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but didn't find any helpful reviews on the Khumos. So I was wondering which of the two you'd recommend for a daily driver/occasional track use and why? I am looking at 205/50/15's on stock GSR rims.

Thanks for your help!
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would probably go with the khumos for a daily driver. The Azenis is more of a track tire, and they wear faster then the khumos. Also the wet tire traction isnt the best with the Azenis. The azenis is an awesome tire for going out to the track though. plenty of grip till they wear down.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I like my Kumho, they hold up pretty good so far and grips well. I have not tried Aznis but I have heard they're good for track and sucks for rain.

-ecsta supra 712s = :thumbs up:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got kumho ecsta supra 712's and I'm extremely pleased with them. I wouldnt go with the azenis tires, unless all the roads where you are are labeled "track"

·
Registered
202 Posts
Kuhmo def. if your needing street tires. They grip decent if you don't push them hard but the wet traction could be better. I've got the Ecta 711 BTW.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone tried the Khumo MX's? I've read for track use as they get hotter they get stickier. A definite plus. But the sidewalls aren't as stiff so I'd have to up the tire pressure compared to the Azenis.

·
Registered
702 Posts
sickbling on Mar/07/04 said:
kumho sucks...my homie had them and swrreeded them the first week.......i say falkens all da way.....
What?

The Falken Azenis are a great tire for autocross. I ran them in one autocross last season and they helped me run almost three seconds faster than a guy I was previously dead even with.
At $64 a tire, tread wear isn't really a big deal either.

I have no experience with the MX's though.

Drew

·
Registered
840 Posts
He swrreeded Fast asleep, haven't you ever swrreeded? I have Kuhmo's and have come close to swrreededing, but pulled out of it at the last second, I mean, da last second.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
MMMMMM I love the Kumho Ecsta MX tires for $79 bucks a pop they are a great street tire I also have them on my 17x7 OZ racing F1 cups and I went back to them for my 15x7 Kosei K1-TS that weigh in at 10.5lbs I think they are a great bang for the buck tire. Check out TireRack.com they have a feedback support on the MX'S. Good luck with your track times I did not say anything about the Azenis because Ihave had no experience with them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for everyone's input!

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Never had the MX's but...Holly sh*tskys. I bought a set of the Azenis and what a differance they made over the Paradas. I love them...in the dry so far.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have used the MX's auto crossing on fat fives, and oh man did i love them. Car could take turns and stick without having the tire screech or slide. So sticky, and solid tred pattern too. I am gonna try the parada's this summer, and then switch back to the MX's if i dont like. The falken azeni's are great, but not for a daily driver, just track tires pretty much. My buddy had them on his Tib, and he owned a set of 4 over 1 summer. I like to have tires for awhile...

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
No offense, but would everyone shut up about the Kumho 712's please? This is the wrong thread for them.

Also, for the buck, I don't think the MX's have any more wear. Though the numbers are arbitrary, the Falkens are rated at 200 while the MX's are rated at 220. Neither are a long life tire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts