Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my '97 LS, the key only goes in half way. I can only open the trunk with the release lever-- is there any way to fix this?

Oh, and on a side-note, my friend's Honda Accord key opens my door... horrible locking scheme.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I've seen this before. I stuck the straw from a wd-40 can in there and gave it a squirt...worked great after that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
To tell you the truth, usually it's the trunk lid. It's probably not all the way shut downward, even though the lid is locked. Try pressing down the lid then try the key again. If it works then you're probably going to have to look at your bump-stops and turn them inwards (clockwise.)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
yeah, i was moving all of the cars around in my driveway once (all 5 of our hondas, lol) and i had 5 sets of keys on me, and i accidentally put my sisters accord key in my door, and to my srprise, it opened....our lock cylinders suck

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Locks mean nothing really. Even if their good, you're only a broken window away from them getting into the car anyway.

So it didnt bother me too much when I locked myself out of my car, got my friends civic keys, jimmied them around for about 10 seconds, and got into my car (car wouldnt be driveable, but getting in isnt hard)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
br1t1shguy on Feb/08/04 said:
Locks mean nothing really. Even if their good, you're only a broken window away from them getting into the car anyway.

So it didnt bother me too much when I locked myself out of my car, got my friends civic keys, jimmied them around for about 10 seconds, and got into my car (car wouldnt be driveable, but getting in isnt hard)
what do you mean jimmied.. its that easy to get into an integra?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LSsoon2bR: Uh, no, the key was from the Accord's ignition. If by "Valet Key" they mean "Easy theft with any Honda key or anything that looks kind of like a Honda key", then they'd be right.

gsrevo: Mine was stolen in less than 15 minutes, no lock or ignition damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts