Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im about ready to sell my Integra. I checked the KBB value and it seems way under. I got a 98 gsr 65k miles. Perfect condition. KBB sets at 6800? Seems kind of low to me. Anyone else feel that way or am i just not realising the price of tegs these days?

I then went to autotrader and cars.com and gsr's are goin for 9-10k around my mileage. So is it just KBB not understanding the teg value?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
For a low mileage GS-R, prices are usually above KBB from what I've seen. they are getting rare and KBB doesn't take that into account. My dad is a wholesaler and he sells plenty of cars above KBB value. Just use that as a price floor instead of ceiling.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Check Edmunds.com for their "True Market Value" (TMV), as it can be more accurate at times.

KBB is not the end-all be-all of pricing. Look at what similar cars are selling for and go on that. My car is valued at only $7300, but there are several similar vehicles for sale at $8500 or more.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree GSR's go for more then KBB Bluebook. AutoTrader is a better gauge. KBB show's my GSR as going for the same as an Accord Auto.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, i was thinking the exact same thing. Dan i think Ill set my starting price as 10,000, let it go from there. Tomorrow I'm making for sale thread. You can delete this thread if you want. I got what i needed thanks.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Thats why I like nadaguides.com. It gave me $9,425 for a high retail price for a 98 GS-R with 65,000 miles. I would start at $9,500, if the car is in real nice shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.