Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just lowered my car today about 2.0 inches...my front mudflaps rub like cwazy! so i took them off for now..so should i keep the fronts off, leave them on, or take all of them off? thanks!

-LT

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I took all mine off when I lowered my car. After awhile the front ones start looking BAD from getting eaten up by the road.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll have pics tonight kids! - hopefully, if my friend doesn't blow me off ....

·
Registered
408 Posts
i took them off my car when i lowered it. nothing is worse than scraping. it makes your car sound ghetto.

which reminds me i neet to change my transmission oil cuz the car grinds once in a while. not good.

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
keep 'em. It keeps your car clean, after awhile the flaps will wear down to the perfect hight for your drop.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just took mine off and I like the way it looks with out them better personally. I havent even lowered mine yet eibach sportlines on the way though

·
Registered
655 Posts
Integra15lb on Sep/21/02 said:
take them off the car looks way cleaner without mudflaps.

Quote: tony4311 on Sep/21/02 keep 'em. It keeps your car clean, after awhile the flaps will wear down to the perfect hight for your drop.
While I love tony's reasoning (LOL, tony!!), I agree with Integra15lb on this one, the car just looks a little "cleaner" without them. Ironically the car probably won't stay as clean as long, but ya know, who on here doesn't wash there cars 2 or more times a week anyways!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Someone posted somewhere earlier, after they took off the mud flaps they had a little incident, they drove over a glass bottle, the chips off glass got thrown up and scratched and chipped the paint. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
i still had mines after my 2.25" drop.. wore them down real good.. keeps the upper section of my door clean.. otherwise the dirt'll trail itself all the way to my open window.. it helps to keep my car as clean as possible. and it looks good too. even if they're only scraped down to 2 inches.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
How do you remove the mudflaps? when you remove the mudflaps, does the stock sideskirts also come out during the process of removing the mudflaps?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
one more question, if you lowered your car and your mudflaps just scrape on the road, can't you just trim off a few inches of your mudflaps so it wont scrape and still keep your car clean?

·
Registered
655 Posts
RPM on Sep/21/02 said:
How do you remove the mudflaps? when you remove the mudflaps, does the stock sideskirts also come out during the process of removing the mudflaps?
It's held in by like 3 screws... Phillips head if I remember right, I took them off a few months ago. And the screws were inside the wheel well, head facing the tire. No your side skirts are not held in by the same screws, they are a seperate project.

I remember in the front flaps, I could "reach" 2 of the screws and I had to turn the wheels to reach the third screw ion each flap. The rear ones were the same way, I had to use a short screw driver for the third screw cause the tire was in the way.

So basically if you know how to use a screwdriver and you have 5 minutes you can do it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's up to you, I would judge it on the condition of the roads you have where you live. And you could always keep them and trim some of the bottom to give you more clearance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts