Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
You found a way to get those? Dammit! Those are sweet rims man... I heard they were on national backorder though so I gave up... they are sweet! If you type in Katana Concept 5 on Google you can find a green integra with some Concept 5's I think...

·
Registered
23 Posts
those rims are sweet, i wanted them but heard that they were hella backed up, and i like being different (plus i don't wanna wait) so i didn't get them, got the Verdicts instead...nice choice. :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally I like the Katana's over the Racing Hart C5 Evo, because they look more like the original Racing Hart C5s. I found a place that has them in stock, 17s just like I want. The only problem is the price they're giving me for the whole package (tires, wheels and balancing) is $1325. Does that seem to much?

·
Registered
573 Posts
It sounds a bit on the high side to me 95LS, but they are almost impossible to get like I said... but normally they are going for $120-130 per rim, so that would be around $500 for just the rims, and then around $65-100 per each tire... so even if you're getting nice tires and the rims are like $135, you should only have to pay like $1100 or so.. I dunno maybe they are giving you REALLY good tires and everything.. and if $1325 includes shipping... well no matter what I think it's kind of a bad deal, but that's just me.. oh yeah, check out your topic "rim decision guide" or whatever, where you had 3 other rims you were thinking of getting.. some guy had a link for like $965 for them...

·
Registered
276 Posts
wow, nice job on the lights. so do u know what the difference is between doing what u did and just buying the altezzas with the red trim? r they different shapes or something? thanks for the info.

·
Registered
962 Posts
nice selection.. personaly i would go with 18's but i am more show cuz its too slow... very nice selection!!!!!

cyber.. nice teg also.. even thouhg i dn't know you.. sorry to hear about the wreck.. good luck with the talon....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup installed and balanced. The downside to the story was the tires were 215/40 instead of 205/40 and I had mad rubbing all around. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, if you got the chrome alteezas and you're tired of seein em everywhere, doing what i did isn't a bad idea. But if you don't have alteezas currently and you're looking to buy some aftermarket tailights, I would just buy the crystal reds. Other than that theres no real difference, just probably not as glossy as the crystal reds. Email me if you got any other ?'s though, I don't want to mess up this guys thread

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, I think I'm getting screwed...I'm going to do a little arguing tomorrow. Anyway, you say 205/40's? Also, what type of wheel is the best to get (letter that is)?

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you're talking speed ratings, here's a chart

CHART

And yes, I'm not sure what size you're getting but if you're getting 17's 205/40's are ideal, get 215's and you'll rub like a mother.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I ordered my Katana C5s from Discount Tire last week and I got them for $1037 out the door. American Wheel in Covina, Ca. (They advertise in Super Street) had them in stock as of last week. They sell em for $995 with tires mounted and ballanced shipped. Definatly do some more shopping before you pay 1300 bucks for em. Go to Discount and see what they can find for ya. American Wheel is owned by Katana so they get them first and can sell them the cheapest. I don't have a mag with me but you can look through any Super Street and probably find em. Nice choice. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey...I did the painting the tail lights thing too...works pretty good, looks REAL good, esp. if you are painting over Altezza's, because if you are like me, you're sick of seeing them! (RICELIGHTS) Anyhow...good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I'm going to try to argue with them and see if they can match a price right now. Guess I'll call Discount Tire right now. Thanks again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts