Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 681 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[7/22/2015]
Was having an issue with the car running on 3 Cylinders it seemed, fixed that the injector clips were loose somehow (probably after rebuilding the head). Car has had the front fender ripped off from the balljoint going out on the passenger side so now I've been rocking it without it, motivation to go JDM front. Also got the TPS wired in by mutt (seem like there wasn't a clear connection for a while and may be the cause of my issues). Had a issue with my TPS, cleaned it out now it's not throwing that code anymore. Now I'm having a code 7 and a code 21. TPS and Vtec Solenoid. I think TPS just needs to be calibrated and for the solenoid I'm not sure, I've tried taking it off and the screen is clear, so I may just bypass it at the ecu.

[5/30/2015]

So after going through some other threads online and my hunt to get this to being a decent daily again, I decided to monkey with my iacv again. Well weirdest thing, I took the connector off, nothing happened, when I re-connected it, the idle surged up from about 700rpm to about 1200rpm... Then i tried it a couple of more times, it sounded like a relay was clicking and making the idle go up and then drop back down when I unplugged it again. So i'm sure it's got to be something with the wiring in the car.

[4/19/2015]

After going out one night on the town, I get in to start the car and it feels like there's a big problem. I can hear the crank spinning and the pistons moving around, but it's not starting... Well, the culprit was the tensioner bolt backing completely out of the tensioner, and the timing belt was all chewed up. After removing the head, also a few of the valves were bent as well. After the head was removed, the pistons look absolutely fine, they just have some carbon build up on the tops of them. I've ordered new Supertech black nitride flat faced valves, Supertech valve stem seals, Gates timing belt, OEM tensioner, OEM water pump, ARP tensioner bolt (part of the kit), and a Golden Eagle 84mm headgasket, and new ARP Rod Bolts. Also ordered some more amber corner lights because one was ripped out of the car.

Back story... the guy that welded up the keyway noticed that the car was hitting a dead spot going through the rpms... I noticed it and decided ok, well it's more than likely bad gas because the car sat for about 3 weeks. I drive the car maybe 25ft, it bucks real hard, and then when I hear a loud bang, and bolts hit the ground, and the shifter drop. I knew what it was... busted a piece of the tranny housing at the t-bracket. Pics of the good and the ugly.

and bang!

Finally got around to getting into the build thread and kinda showing off my mishaps and haps on whats been going on with my rust bucket. It's been a long time since I bought the car in 2006, here we can show the demise, the build up and everything else that will lead up to my current state of the car, which is in the process of a rebuild due to a lean tune...

Most Recent Pic 7/2/13:

Here's some pics of the first week that I got it:

My first purchase: 98-01 Tail lights...

Next purchase was a set of Xenon headlights that everyone thought was HIDs

Then I got a Carbon Fiber Hood for $200 back in 2008...

My next purchase was amber turn signals...

How it sat for quite a while... Nothing new done to it.

Then came my first set of wheels, sold the Bronze Konig's and picked up some LS Meshes that I eventually polished, also changed the pee-shooter exhaust and put on a RSX-S exhaust and 2.25" piping, and bought mudflaps...

Then I installed my Skunk2 real lower tie bar...

Well as most of you know time went on, and my paint that looked so nice when I bought it faded and turned to complete poo... oxidized and some bumps and bruises there, will be shown here in future posts... But after another could of months, I picked up a GSR head complete from lzylst (rep seller/friend) and it sat in my mom's shed for about 8 months...

Then I sold the RSX-S and picked up a super hard to find RS*R Ex-Mag, but it looked like it was intended for a 4dr, so I had to have it cut and it was butter...

Now some battle scars, my ex's dad backed his "racecar" into mine, supposedly he didn't see it when he was backing out of the driveway, I have no idea how he could've missed it but here was the aftermath...

I was friends with some local "racers" and found a guy that was fiending on some LS Meshes so bad, and he traded me for some Rota J-SPL's in green!!

So then we came to a crossroad... I want to go faster but I also wanted to have a daily that was reliable, I bought a gsr block from a friend and used the b16 head.. well long story short i ran on that motor until march of this year where I took the motor to the shop and they said pistons 2/4 have holes in them and cylinder 4 was cracked, well the motor was already bored out to 82mm which means... SLEEVES.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's a list of what's in the car so far from top to bottom, i know this isn't the tradition build thread, but that's why it's my own....

Engine:
B18C1 bored to 84mm (Benson Sleeved)
GSR Crank
Clevite Bearings
Golden Eagle Rods
Supertech 11.6:1 Pistons
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Headstuds
Shaved B16 Head
Supertech Black Nitride Flat Faced Valves
Supertech Titanium Retainers
Supertech Dual Valve Springs
Supertech Bronze Valve Guides
Supertech Valve Stems
Science of Speed Lost Motion Assembly
Type-R Oil Pump
GS-R Water Pump
Skunk2 Pro2+ Camshafts
PLM Tri-YHeader
2½" Exhaust Piping
Greddy Evo2 Muffler
Password JDM Intake
Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold (Black)
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
RDX 410cc Injectors
B&M Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
P30 OBD1 ECU w/ Custom EPROM from phearable.net
AEM Wideband UEGO
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Exedy Stage 1 Pressure Plate
Fidanza 8.5lb Flywheel
GSR Transmission w/ ITR LSD
Skunk2 1.35Bar Radiator Cap
Mishimoto Thermostat Fan Switch
Blox 68mm TB (has tps in backwards for some reason)
Omnipower TPS

I've done almost a complete type-r interior transform from the cloth LS interior...

Type-R Shift Knob
Type-R Shift Boot
Mugen Pedals
Type-R Front Seats
Type-R Rear Seats
Type-R Door Panels
Type-R Gauge Cluster (USDM)
Type-R Armrest
Black w/ Red Stitch Floormats
JDM Squash CS-X3 Car Spencer Air Freshener

Enkei RPF1's 15x7+35
Falken Ziez 912: 205/50/15
Password JDM: Purple Lugnuts
Function & Form Type 2 Coilovers
ASR Rear Subframe Brace
ASR Rear Swaybar 24mm
Blox LCA's

·
Registered
832 Posts
ahhhh Lionell has a running log! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
whoo boy got some live action in this one!

hell yeah man, glad to see a build thread. looks like things have come a long way since i first say your car at the meet in tampa (with the white only section).

definitely jealous of the interior

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the car def doesn't look like this now. It's oxidized due to a sh*tty single stage paint job, I clay-bar'd the car once and it turned out horrible... Anyway, for gearing I'm running a GSR tranny with a ITR LSD... Here's some pictures of the engine carnage, surprised it ran up until the day I drove it up to the shop to get the head done and then I get these lil doosies...

Pistons with holes/broken

If you look on the left hand side of the piston you'll see a small indention/breakage

Here's the cams that I had a problem with, didn't notice it when I purchased them, but anyone else notice what's in red... primary cam lobes don't exactly have any beef on them anymore...

And here's one that was all the initial work was supposed to be for, getting head work done. Getting cams installed, supertech black nitride flat faced valves, supertech cam seals, supertech dual titanium retainers, supertech bronze valve guides, and supertech dual valve springs... lookn all perdy

Here's some pics of the Enkei RPF1's and the PasswordJDM lug nuts I decided to get with them, I just ordered an asr subframe brace, 24mm rear sway bar as well and purple blox lca's

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And just a lil FYI, goin to have this baby broken in on the Dyno... kinda excited about that, one, I never had the car with a full blown tune, and also with it having 0 miles, recommended by Laskey racing, and also Vega himself, break it in on the dyno... So fingers crossed and hope all will go well. I checked the shipment of the block and it was dropped off yesterday morning at 9:35am, so I'm calling laskey today and find out if Dan Benson got started on my block as of yet, the sooner the better. Pistons will be here Friday, bearings should be here today, suspension parts should be here by next week sometime along with the block, hoping only a few more weeks and I'll have my baby back on the road.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah the car def doesn't look like this now. It's oxidized due to a sh*tty single stage paint job, I clay-bar'd the car once and it turned out horrible...
It looked good when you bought it, but it has definitely gone to hell and back since.

Is the passenger side fender still all banged up? (it looks damaged in one of your pics, but maybe its just a reflection)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah they both are, I was thinking of plasti-dipping it before dragon but we'll see

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I think I'm doing the whole car....

Anywho, been getting parts coming in, just paid for the block $1300 to Benson for 1 week turn around and 84mm bore. Also got some new parts that came in this week, not done, pistons should be here friday.... The Transmission bracket is because at Dragon it mistakenly got broken off on the weld side, no biggy, replaced. Also the cam is replaced too

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Something I could do, or professional shop?

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Transmission bracket is because at Dragon it mistakenly got broken off on the weld side, no biggy, replaced.
I wonder what crazy ass Honkey did that? Hmmm. Lol

Hey at least I'll never forget which way that bolt goes through the bracket. Lol

You can do Plasti-dip yourself. and It would be easier to remove than vinyl wrap If it got damaged or you wanted to change the color, etc.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah, I had go get rid of those... At first I thought they weren't that bad, then after about a month they were sold to another ricer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 681 Posts