Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its great...i just installed kamikaze headers...win at any cost...and i also cut my cats and resonator and added 2.5 inch piping..its real loud..however..my freinds has a 97 cive cx with the b16a engine...spanked his ass...i cant beleive how much power form a header..4-2-1 so i get more mid range...but man...its great

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
do you have a supercharger? I was under the impression they are not very good for NA.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
they're not good for NA, dynos all over the place LOSE 5+ horses from stock with that setup. also, the kami is not a 4-2-1... it's a 4-1 with short primaries

·
Registered
68 Posts
it's the butt dyno again.

when u put a few hundred dollars, u will naturally justify the costs by saying it's better.

kamikaze should be worse than stock unless you are sc'ed.

2.5" piping on a rs is little big too..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes evryhting fit..and i noticed a great increase in performance...2.5 isnt that big really is it?..i was gonna go 3..but changed my mind...what is the stock diamenter of the piping in the first place?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
3" piping is for cars with turbo, sc - you will actually see a decrease in power if you go to 3" exhaust piping on a stock or near stock car. read the article on exhaust diameter - it's a good one!!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
3" collector? wow, are there actually headers that have a 3" collector?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
mahman on Sep/20/02 said:
yes evryhting fit..and i noticed a great increase in performance...2.5 isnt that big really is it?..i was gonna go 3..but changed my mind...what is the stock diamenter of the piping in the first place?
I'm not going to beat the dead horse here, but the performance gain from a properly sized header alone would be tough to detect through the butt dyno.......yet alone one from an improperly sized header.

2.5" is really big for a N/A LS w/ only bolt-on's. Thank god you didn't go 3" as that would have murdered your low-end and midrange power. 2.5" is generally reserved for vtec integra's that have internal upgrades as well as the usual i/h/c/e -or- for F/I applications.

Stock diameter is 1.8".

Bigger is not always better. You size your exhaust system (read: not just the exhaust...this includes header, cat, b-piping...the whole shibang!) based on your power goals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude, I have had mine on for like 2 months and i have blown my stock header gasket on my down pipe, and that on my DX engien with I/E and Cam's and Pulleys and Wires and Plugs. And I got a new one, 2 weeks later, it already have a hole in it, im going to put a metel on soon. Make sure your blots are on real tight.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
yeah, that downpipe gasket is a b*tch, we posted on that pretty recently too. my suggestion is to get one of the cheap autozone gaskets, and get longer and higher grade nuts and bolts, along with better lock washers... tighten it up to the spec of 35 and cook the gasket to let it seat. then retorque to 35, b/c it will have become loose from the gasket getting cooked, then retorque after a little while to make sure, if it's loose again, go to 40 ft-lb, the thick metal on the kami can handle a little more if it's necessary.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have the kamikaze header on my n/a ls with stock piping,cai,and muffler and i noticed a slight increase in power i shift into 3rd at 62mph where as before i was shifting at like 59. i know this doesn't nessecarily mean it's faster but i did notice a difference in performance.i raced my buddy with a 95 se integra with the same mods except he had dc sports headers. through first it was even through second he pulled. and through 3rd i beat him by about a car length. this difference could also come down to the driver i know. but just saying.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
DarkIntegra on Feb/06/04 said:
this difference could also come down to the driver i know. but just saying.
just saying...sorry but I missed the point of what you are saying.

are you saying this header is good for N/A packages?

are you saying that your shifting method improved your performance? how does that relate to the header though?

I'm a little confused as to what your point is. Maybe if you could clarify a bit more and better.

BTW an engine is just one aspect of why you can be faster than someone else.

tranny matching to your engine's powerband (close ratios), tranny gearing and FD effects on how fast your rpms climb (short steep gears), traction, and aerodynamics, as well as driver skills (as you mentioned) can all come into play together.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have that same exact header downstairs right now that I'm going to put on my Supecharged LS/VTEC. Go to:

www.TheOldone.com aka Endyn Energy Dynamics read the article there they told Kamakazie to modify the original 4-1 header they had for supercharged hondas and they get an extra 20 hp I think. GOOD STUFF!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Back to reality...

Honestly though, is there anything in this post that new at all, besides being a new post in 2004?

This post basically covers that:

1. The BUTT dyno is hip, but not accurate at all.
  2. The Kamikaze is not top notch quality.
  3. The Kamikaze is not for NA application, nor is it for Turbo applications because they use their own manifold.
  4. The Endyn story is what... already in existance before I got into cars.
Not only that, but it also covers:

1. Added power does not change your gearing.
  2. You must focus on engine package.

I'm sure there are more things I could add to this, but I'll leave that to someone else.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I know other things come into play obviously. just stating the fact that my car did change so the kamikaze header did do something.no i'm not saying the shifting method improved my performance just that the difference between the amikaze header and stock was there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
dark integra... one day you are going to look back at this post and wonder WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE THINKING.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts