Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty set on purchasing a used Kamikaze 4-1 Stainless Steel Header with the 2.5" collector for an eventual SC setup, I have one concern though. It's a two peice header and the Kamikaze gasket between the upper and lower part blew after a trip to the track. I plan on new gaskets at all three connecting points of the header but will they continue to blow. I was told the Kamikaze gaskets are cheap, has anyone else had problems like this?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has dealt with blown gaskets on that portion of the header?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i blew one, mine was b/c the bolts they shipped were too short and the nuts fell off.... i replaced them with longer bolts, better lock washers, and new nuts, and torqued them a little more, and then re-torqued them after the gasket set, and i haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Get a good quality graphite gasket and do what DaBoyNBlu said and you should be OK. BTW, The Kami isn't stainless steel to my knowledge. They have have 2-1/2" collectors versions, (1) that is chrome plated and the other which is ceramic coated. Go with the ceramic coated one, but only run the header after you've installed the SC.

·
Registered
321 Posts
why only run the header after the you have installed the SC??? If you are doing this step by step cause of money situations i think it would be easier to do the full exhaust first before getting the SC, but i can see that your performace may lack a lil with the exhaust set up in place without the boost

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I spoke with an engine builder today and this subject happened to come up, from a fellow customer. The owner of a S/C car stated he could never get the gaskets to seal, as the construction is so poor that uneven stress is placed on one side of the flange and causes that one side to "burn out." He didn't seem to be a run of the mill dumbass, so I believe his opinion is valid, which happen to coincide with others that grip about the fitment being horrible.

·
Registered
321 Posts
hmm so what can solve this problem without bein a pain in the ass or givin kamikaze a bad name. buy a better gasket? or buy a different header?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
what header is available other than the kamikaze for SC use specifically? the Hytech Super header. is there another 2.5-3 in. collector, big diameter-short primaries 4-1 design out there for SC's? not to my knowledge...but new things do come along that I'm not aware of. It'd be interesting to see if you use a JG Edelbrock with a 2.5 in. collector welded on whether this can compete with the kamikaze.

how much is the Hytech again? $1300

how much is the kamikaze?....

don't get me wrong: the Hytech will dominate the kamikaze...I just don't think everyone here has deep pockets for an SC kit and a $1300 header.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
When I looked at the Kami header on that customer's car, the bottom flange was off center with the cat by about 1". I suggested he take it to a muffler shop and have them straighten it up, with the use of the pipe bending machine.

I've always heard that a muffler shop can resolve the poor fitment. Until yesterday, that's the first time I've actually seen the problem with my own eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts