Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got the time to upload all my pics of my car from my camera to my main computer, sort them, then send the better ones to my secondary comp to be hosted and posted here.

This first one is from I think late summer, a couple of months after I got the car, on a nice foggy night:

And the rest of these are from early-mid January.

I received these goodies just before New Year's, but was in Colorado with my g/f for that week, so I started friday the 7th, and finished everything on the 9th.

KSport coilovers (11kg/mm front, 6kg/mm rear...same f/r ratio as stock springs and weight distribution, 1.8, so as not to completely throw off the handling characteristics of the car):

KSport rear LCAs:

And finally...them installed on the car (see the story on how I bolted the rear sway into the LCAs at the end of this post):

This is when I first had everything installed...

yeah, it looked sick, but it was a wee bit too low for daily driving...

So I went back and raised the car prolly around 1/2-2/3"

That week, I woke up one extremely foggy morning and just HAD to go somewhere cool to take pics...here's some of what I got:

hah this was all taken in the driveway leading up to the gate to a now-defunct mental institution pretty close to my house...made for a sweet photoshoot huh?

Here's the front and rear adjustments for the shocks:

What I loved about this new stuff is that not only are the coilovers simply amazing, but everything's lighter than stock...here's the weight reduction breakdown:

Front coilovers: 3.5lbs x 2
Rear coilovers: 4lbs x 2
Rear LCAs: 3lbs x 2

Total weight savings: 21lbs

What makes that 21lbs even more significant is that it was all taken out of suspension components.

So, here's what I did to bolt the rear sway bar to the rear LCAs. When everything was set up and aligned, the endlinks were about 1-1.5" or so away from the LCA holes for the endlinks, so at first I was thinking I'd just go out to a hardware store and get some nuts and bolts and attach it from there, then I realized I got the ES poly. bushing master kit, and the front sway bar end links that came with it are not the right application for my car (all the other bushings in the kit are okay, it's just these pieces that aren't right), so I just used those to attach the stock sway bar end link to the LCA, and it worked perfectly. However since there are bushings there, they ended up being squished a good bit before the nut tightened...I just set my torque wrench to 10lb-ft (that was a stretch for those bushings).

The endlinks I'm talking about are the ones on the left "sheet" in this pic:

Hope you all enjoyed the pics! And please, leave some comments!

Peace,
--Brian

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
rims match rotors.. ingenious.. hehe...

kudos and keep up the great work!!

~P2P

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wiger6386: hah yeah, on the driver's side they do, but on the passenger's side they don't...the rotors are mirrored left/right, but the wheels are all the same, so on the pass. side it looks kinda weird, but i love how it looks on the driver's side

k624ash: it's on Darby Rd., just past the intersection with College Ave, right next to the old folks' home...oh, and keep an eye out on the PA forum in the coming months...there may be some local meets. I know I'll be arranging one at some point.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Do you live in htown or were you just driving there?
ill watch out for those meets, my buddy also has a 4dr teg, and my other two friends can come because parts of there civics are integra

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, I was judging how low my car was partially based on what would scrape the ground first, so that's why I went from the bottom of the mud flaps instead of the side skirts.

Since then I've actually taken off the front mud flaps cause they were scraping along every single speed bump I go over.

thanks for the comments so far...keep em coming!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Looks good man..I cant wait to get back to my 4dr and start modding it again...need to try to get a set of FULL COILOVERS like you went. Ill probably post some more pics when I get back to the states and mess w/ the car a little...Looking good though Brian!! Keep reppin the 4dr!!

Edit: How much u get the Ksports for?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my KSport coilovers and LCAs for $850 shipped, where list for the coilovers is something like $930 and the LCAs are $200...if you're looking into this stuff, lemme know and I'll hook you up with the guy I got em from and he'll prolly be able to get you a good deal. If you want any more info, just PM me.

as for the ride...well, it's stiff, but if you tune the shocks correctly, it won't be too harsh or bouncy. the way I have it now is I turned all of the shocks to full soft, then stiffened the fronts 1.5 turns and I ended up turning the rears to full stiff, then soften them 3/4 of a turn. The ride's good, and the handling is AMAZING.

the stock fronts weighed 11lbs and the stock rears weighed 12lbs...so that brings the KSports to be 7.5lbs front and 8lbs rear. The fronts didn't come with the fork that attaches the shock to the LCA, so you have to use the stock piece, which weighs a lot.

What was crazy was that the stock LCAs were a whopping 5lbs each...just a tad lighter than an entire front coilover...

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
coilovers plus lca's...$850 shipped then..sounds like a good deal!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts

I hate people who have cooler 4 doors than me.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
thats a nice setup you got there. hanabis look way nice those are sorta like Blades on slim-fast. If i ever got a blaze orange rsx im going to get those coilovers just to match the colors! haha. nice photos, do you live in silent hill?

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.