Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way for the RSX type-S engine to fit into the 3G integra?? I know this might sound a bit off the wall but I was just bored and thought about this possibility...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
if its not impossible its gonna be damn near it. the k20c is traversly mounted unlike the bseries in the g3 tegs. im sure with enough money it might be possible but, sheesh i dont know.

·
Registered
422 Posts
To much money Involved.. Just buy the rsx. i would buy it and then get it as close to the Honda Integra type R

·
Registered
398 Posts
i don't i may there is a civic h/b with a k motor in it and i know off 2 new 02 civics with b18c in them

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yeah but that is a swap from a k series to k series. i believe he is asking for a k series swap to a g3 teg. is there something i am missing?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
no you're not...I just wanted him to see the steps of a swap that involves tranny gear linkage travel adjustment and all the hassles involved...I think people totally underestimate the work and headache involved not to mention the cost. I have a hard enough time trying to justify an H22 swap into a g3 teg let alone a K20 with different mounting points. HASPORT can make anything fit in terms of mountings though. There will be someone out there crazy enough to try it. The question is : what are some of the steps to consider?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
BTW the people that try these sorts of things either have a very profitable established aftermarket parts business with time on their hands, have extremely rich parents who don't know where they money is going and don't care and the kids have time on their hands, or have a very profitable illicit illegal drug sales and manufacturing business to pay for this...LOL

·
Registered
139 Posts
typeracer:
it might be possible but you would have to move a lot of stuff around and take a lot of the stuff out of the engine bay are and put it somewhere else cuz if it does fit it would be a very very tight squeeze.
99 integ ls: the 02 jdm integra type r, like mine, is a DC5 K20a motor it is similar to the type s but a little different.
mind you if you had the time and/or money it might be worth it, it might not. who know's?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ah ok i see. sorry mike, but you do make a very good point there.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
yes Mike, i agree with the reasons why some people try those kinds of swaps...makes me sick they have money.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Would'nt you have to put the engine in flipped 180 degrees? I thought Honda engines turn the opposite way of everyone else's? Could be wrong,just a thought.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
maybe he was just thinking of doing something new and innovative and was wondering how hard it would be to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i'm not planning on doing it, I was just asking if it was possible, If i would do anything I would just build up the B18C1 for all motor and leave it at that, thanks for the replys

·
Registered
398 Posts
Michael Delaney on Aug/08/02 said:
BTW the people that try these sorts of things either have a very profitable established aftermarket parts business with time on their hands, have extremely rich parents who don't know where they money is going and don't care and the kids have time on their hands, or have a very profitable illicit illegal drug sales and manufacturing business to pay for this...LOL
ya all that and a lot of hook ups

1 - 17 of 17 Posts