Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have the b18b motor and have been doing little bolt ons wanting to boost it, but i finally got fed up with the motor. i want to drop in a k20a2 and there is a shop by me that i have been talking to that does the swaps. to do the whole swap and tune comes to $10,500. But they say that i cannot keep my power steering or a/c. i have been looking around and there is this pulley called a ep3 that is for keeping the a/c and they told me that the ep3 pulley kit is just for the alternator. They told me i could keep the p/s and a/c if i cut and modified my passenger fender/firewall and cut a whole in my hood. now is there a way to keep these things because i would like to have at least my power steering but i do drive my car only in the summer so there are a few days where i would like to use a/c. is there a pulley kit that is possible to do this with out messing with the fender/firewall and hood??? is this generally a good price???

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Generally a good price? ..a bit high for not having power steering.They are referring to the power steering pulley when they say that the hood has to be cut... and if to be quite honest, they are wrong. do some homework over on k20a.org... and you'll find out that most people keep power steering.

as for the a/c, there is actually a kit out there by i THINK hybrid racing or hasport that lets you keep it. it may be a bit pricey.. and if the shop isn't willing to install this kit and are telling you its impossible then i wouldn't trust them at all with my car... it Can be done, and they are just being lazy.

keep shopping around.. the k-swap is NOT that hard to do if you have some mechanical ability. the wiring is the hardest part, or so i've read on k20a.org

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That price is alot keep in mind what your getting for that price. I'm spending the exact same amount and doing the work myself only I'm getting upgrades like race header, rbc IM/karcepts adapter/type-s tb, Kpro, PS, quaife lsd, CM stage 3 clutch, DC5R flywheel, ASR subframe brace & itr rear sway bar, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.