Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im interested in getting the K Sport full adjustable coilovers for my car and was wondering if it is really worth the $800 i was hoping if anyone had it if i could get some feedback on it i have the specs listed also if someone doesn't have it so they can let me know if they're worth the money

Features:

Spring Rate Front: 15 kg/mm - 838 lb/in
Spring Rate Rear: 9 kg/mm - 503 lb/in
Fits All 94-01 Integra exc. Type-R
36-way adjustable dampening
Made from high quality 6061 Aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
Compression/Rebound adjustable
Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment
monotube High Pressure Design reduces oil leakage
Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust
Optimized combination of spring rate and dampening for the ultimate street ride.
3 Locking perch mechanism (2 for spring height, 1 for body height)
Adjustable Strut Body Length allows you to adjust the height of the strut without suffering the loss of full strut extension
Rubber Dust Sleeve protectors on each strut to ensure durability by protecting strut against contaminants
0"-4" Adjustable Height
Built with Highest Quality Billet Components
Fully Rebuildable Strut

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my car is daily driven mostly i dont go out to the track much but jus want someting GOOD cuz i do got the Evil H22 motor an thanks alot Tiger will look into it

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
dude i think even rollover threshold is more important to some ppl than that comfort stuff at this point

if you do it right, you get it right

''All calcs were done based on linear springs.''

anyway, with that much ''adjustment allowance'' you can prob. find what would work best if you don't find what you need (if your needs aren't met, then you work with what you gots practically)

~P2P

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
okay folks..

I do agree that those are mighty high.. but I've seen higher, almost 50% higher in cases.

skim through this

I outlined the very basic requisites and consequences to insufficient damping

~P2P

[EDIT:] before someone shoots me, in that topic, less = more, or stiffness = roll.. lol yeah..

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
the information you have on the KSports in the first post is right except for the spring rates...those rates are for the D2s. Stock KSport coilover rates for 94-01 Integras is 11kg-mm front and 6kg-mm rear.

xdc2b18c1x: the 36-way adjustable doesn't mean there are 36 different ways in which you can adjust the shocks...it's more or less a numbers game. Basically, you can tune the dampening force of the shocks, and I'm speaking from experience when I say that it really does work. The adjusters can turn a little over 3.5 full rotations, and turning them 1/4 of one rotation makes a very noticeable difference, and it just keeps going from there.

codenamezero: I don't fully agree with your statement here. I live outside of Philly and around Gettysburg, PA, and the roads are FAR from perfect, and not once have I become unsettled or uncomfortable in my car. it WILL be pretty bad if you don't adjust the shocks at all, or do it badly, but when done properly, the ride is more than acceptable.

when ordering them, you can always get custom rates...so if you think 11/6 is too stiff for you, you can get slightly less stiff springs.

Honestly, I can't stop ranting and raving about these things. I daily drive my car much more than I do any spirited driving (haven't had any chances to take it to any AutoX or track days yet), and they definitely ride well. one thing I'd recommend getting after you install these shocks is some sort of triangulated front STB cause, believe it or not, it made my ride a good deal smoother and more comfortable.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
what else do you have Brian? lol we have the same name

tires? anything else to note?

~P2P

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Falken Hanabi wheels (11-lbs each)
Falken Ziex ZE 512 tires (205/50/15)
PasswordJDM front triangulated and rear STBs
and some camber...lol (camber kit not installed yet)

that's all for the handling mods, other than the coilovers.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
no anti-rolls?

lol

~P2P

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i installed my skunk2 camber kit yesterday an i love it, makes a big difference of course i couldn't really install them myself jus told my dad what to do an he listened cuz i was tooo weak cuz of my retarded diabetes i was jus diagnosed wit so i know i wont be able to do much anymore unless i have alot of help

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
tiger6386 on Feb/13/06 said:
no anti-rolls?

lol

~P2P
nope, stock sways, and it'll prolly stay that way...the handling balance of my car is almost exactly where I'd like it...if someone made like a 16 or 17mm rear sway, then I'd prolly go for it at some point, but the ITR rear sway would give me too much of a bias toward oversteer.

I guess what I really need to do is take it to an AutoX event and see how it does there.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
KaBlookie on Feb/13/06 said:
Falken Hanabi wheels (11-lbs each)
Falken Ziex ZE 512 tires (205/50/15)
PasswordJDM front triangulated and rear STBs
and some camber...lol (camber kit not installed yet)

that's all for the handling mods, other than the coilovers.

If y oure tracking youre gonna wanna keep some negative camber... The camber isnt what will kill your tires, your toe angle however will. If you get the toe angle good, and rotate tires, your camber should not present a problem.

As far as the statement about the sway bar creating more rear bias you are wrong. With a properly matched front sway and rear sway, correct tire pressures, and better tires, you'll be VERY shocked at what your car will do. I run a gsr/itr front sway, and a progress 22mm rear, with RT615's and when my tires are fully heated with starting pressure of 33 in front, and 36 rear, my front and rear are very balanced. I was unable to break the rear loose my last time at beaverun.

Youll be shocked at what a sway bar will do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.