Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the first to come up w/this idea, but I thought I'd get some opinions. JDM CRV K24 bottom end mated to a K20A2 ITR head! Opinions, comments? I know it's not cost effective, not yet anyway, just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I think its been done already has it not?

Searching for proof...

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
hehe, always thinking Hakamoto.
It's going to be the new craze.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Here is John's post on ClubRSX:

Quote: taken from here We have finally received our new cams. We now will have three versions. We also have started to put the 2.3 liter motor together. Which uses the CRV block and the Prelude crankshaft. The main reason is to get the rod ratio to a suitable length for the high rpm use.

The 263 WHP engine is only a good street build. The motor was designed to run on 91 ocatne fuel. If we just changed the fuel to some 100+ octane we would easily make another 10 whp and up the torque considerably. But the point was to build a motor that was easy to drive and could be driven for a long time without any maintenance. The full potential for the 2 liter engine has hardly been reached.

The 2.3 liter motor will really open up the spectrum on what we can really do. It will be very potent power plant, since what we have learned from the 2 liter motor has given us the info to build the 2.3 monster. I have conservatively estimated it to make 300+ whp on 91 octane fuel. We will also run some race gas to see what she is capable of.

on another note. We are also getting ready to put a stock 2 liter motor on the engine dyno and do a step by step build up with bolt ons to feature in some of the magazines. We like using the engine dyno because it has very good repeatability and easy to change parts on. Plus we can control the enviroment very easily.

All of this takes time to develop and manufacture the parts. If it was easy then there would be a lot more of us doing it. Trust me when we are finished it will be worth the wait. At this point we will not release anything until we are satisfied with the results. We will have fully documented all of our development and how all the parts work with each other and in different combinations. There is no other company that will have gone as far as we have with the RSX engine. We have seen the need for different kits at different price levels. And we will address that in the months to come.
[/quote]

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn. Well I guess I should've known. I was just thinking about B20/vtec's and I was curious as to what came in the new CRV. Did some research and voila, I invented something someone else has already done. That's cool though. Thanks for the info Sak.

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
could always start with the TSX engine. Pretty much the same thing but different internals.

specs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Or you could use the accord engine as well. That's what Hasport did to their Civic SI, they used a k24 block with a ported and polished K20 head. Supercharged it and all that pretty stuff and are putting i think 380 whp.
Matt of MI: if you are looking to do a type S head swap, let me know, I will let you know what you need, what you need to do and the pro's and cons of this swap. I've done EXTENSIVE research and can help you with any questions you might have.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
I wonder if they will run into reliability issues like those that trouble the LS/VTEC conversion...

K series is the way of the future as far as Hondas go...when I get out of college, I am going to buy an RSX-S for a daily driver and the R will be my little track *****.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts