Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
jakbauerctu on Feb/13/06 said:
is there enough of an increase in flow for it to even matter? im not being sarcastic.. i just dont know
you'd be surprise to find out that a stock gsr intake arm with a k&n drop in filter can out flow those cheap ebay intakes and some name brand ones.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah I just installed mine. But it sat a little higher than stock, so when I screwed the top back on, it pressed it back into place. No worries I guess, but did anyone else encounter this? Is it a problem?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Pat24jr on Feb/14/06 said:
I keep the top off
You would loose hp due to the engine bay temp effecting the cooler air charge you should get even with the stock airbox. Although it will make for a good laugh every once in a while...
Cody

·
Registered
447 Posts
Perhaps for track use - but I don't see myself noticing it daily driven- not to mention it sounds very nice.

What would make for a good laugh? I'm not getting what you wrote.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Because the noise it makes, it will put a smile on anybodys face. You arent going to notice much differance daily driving regardless. But once your engine bay heats up, you will start loosing power.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
You'll lose power period. Underhood temps are the same as ambient once you're moving, we've proved that.

A pressurized intake box helps draw more air into the engine.

This has been debated thoroughly in the past, let's not get OT and rehash what's been said before.

Back to your original question. There is a direct OEM replacement. Hassle-free, it snaps right in. You can modify other K&N filters to fit. I believe BSQ5 has done this successfully.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So maybe I'm being too paranoid, but will the fact my filter sits a bit high rob me of power or airflow? I'm worried the top of the filter will be too snug against the top of the airbox and rob airflow up there. Yes? No? Am I being an idiot?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
doesn't matter. the air inlet is coming from the bottom of the box anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.