Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21,139 Posts
Dave (SMSP) doesn't work for Carsound...he sells their cats...he's a custom header builder and makes his own line of extra long hybrid 4-2-1 headers with a 2.5 in. collector and 2.5 in. OD adjustable length exhaust kit. The length on the header (secondaries) can be adjustable too! So he needs to sell a proper cat for his systems. He chose Carsound. He welds on the O2 bung and flanges to the Universal Carsound cats (different models available...see my Article in the Performance Forum). The cats are custom sized to fit any length you need...they fit without leaks...good customer service too.that's why I recommended him or Mike at IPS Racing to the T-I.net members looking for a proper aftermarket cat..they have proven track records and many customers who can vouch for the product they received...all happy....

So yes they are custom made to fit IF YOU DO WHAT HE ASKS AND GET UNDER YOUR CAR AND MEASURE IT. He does not work for Carsound...he chose them independently for a reason instead of Random Tech (see my article on the flow rate of a Carsound vs a Random Tech)...

I hope you take the time to read the cat article in the performance forum...cheers

· Registered
21,139 Posts
BTW I use a 94006 Carsound cat...it's CARB legal...another reason why I recommended it over the Random Tech...passes smog...it's not loud...you don't lose noticeable power to a testpipe...and you don't pollute the air that the next generations have to breathe...

I'd hate to be the generation known for being short sighted and stupid enough tof uck up everything for the next generations....including polluting the hell out of the air for 2 extra whp on a daily driver...talk about stupid....they would say about us: what were they thinking?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.