Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my car sound cat and it is sitting at a slight angle. By that i mean there is a slight angle from the headers and the cat. its really slight but i still noticed it. will that casue any turbulence in the escaping exhaust fumes? or am i just being paranoid. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just test drove it and it doesnt seem to be leaking. but how can i check just to be sure?

·
Registered
98 Posts
you hear a hissing noise if your exhaust is leaking air, it's usually loud enough to hear.

if not, jack up your car, and carefully feel the air around the header/cat or cat/b-pipe connecting points. be careful not to get burned.

·
Registered
79 Posts
im thinking about getting a carsound on too but was worried that it would mess up the sound of my exhaust. There really isnt any added sound?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually there is but i think it sounds nice. My exhaust actually has a deeper tone to it espeacially when i'm at WOT. I like it and it has made a differnce. Not no major feel it in the bottom of your seat difference but I feel a slight pull that wasn't there before. I plan on dyno testing my car to see where i sit at. i should have done it before the cat but oh well. I would definitly recomend getting a carsound cat. Contact this dude if you are thinking about getting one.
[email protected]
He's the guy I went through to get mine. He'll need to know your setup and he'll custom make a carsound cat to meet your needs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it is. he works for the company. Mine came in a carsound cat box and had a warrenty card for the installer to fill out. He will be able to chose the right cat for your set up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i just done what my car sounding like a lawn moer. i know a kid who put a cat on and now his sh*t sounds like sh*t. does it mess up admisions?

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Carsound cat on my car help muffle the sound alot. I have a JDM style header so it is going to be loud anyways but the cat helped. I was running a test pipe.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Dave (SMSP) doesn't work for Carsound...he sells their cats...he's a custom header builder and makes his own line of extra long hybrid 4-2-1 headers with a 2.5 in. collector and 2.5 in. OD adjustable length exhaust kit. The length on the header (secondaries) can be adjustable too! So he needs to sell a proper cat for his systems. He chose Carsound. He welds on the O2 bung and flanges to the Universal Carsound cats (different models available...see my Article in the Performance Forum). The cats are custom sized to fit any length you need...they fit without leaks...good customer service too.that's why I recommended him or Mike at IPS Racing to the T-I.net members looking for a proper aftermarket cat..they have proven track records and many customers who can vouch for the product they received...all happy....

So yes they are custom made to fit IF YOU DO WHAT HE ASKS AND GET UNDER YOUR CAR AND MEASURE IT. He does not work for Carsound...he chose them independently for a reason instead of Random Tech (see my article on the flow rate of a Carsound vs a Random Tech)...

I hope you take the time to read the cat article in the performance forum...cheers

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
My brother just got a carsound cat from Dave and was extremely pleased w/ the customer service and quality of his product.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
BTW I use a 94006 Carsound cat...it's CARB legal...another reason why I recommended it over the Random Tech...passes smog...it's not loud...you don't lose noticeable power to a testpipe...and you don't pollute the air that the next generations have to breathe...

I'd hate to be the generation known for being short sighted and stupid enough tof uck up everything for the next generations....including polluting the hell out of the air for 2 extra whp on a daily driver...talk about stupid....they would say about us: what were they thinking?

·
Registered
98 Posts
heres my 2 cents on carsound cats:

dave sold me a 94166 Carsound cat for my setup and i couldn't be more happy. before that, i used a cat sold by Land Speed Racing (look in SCC magazine). i only used this cat for less than a month before i couldn't take the heat shield noise any longer.

when i compared the 2 cats, there was a world of a difference in durability. for example, daves multi tack welds on the Carsound heat shields prevented any rattling noise. He provided all the necessary hardware to make the install easy.

my inspection sticker doesn't expire till next year, so i can't really say if it'll pass smog until then.

BUT I AM ESPECIALLY HAPPY KNOWING THAT I'M DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO BREATH GOOD CLEAN AIR WHILE ENJOYING THIS HOBBY.

Hell, this isn't the only thing i do. I snowboard all across the US and Canada, and i SCUBA dive all over the world. both requires a tremendous amount of good clean air to breath. i'd just be hurting myself if i were ever DUMB enough to use a test pipe....

·
Registered
253 Posts
pugo on Jul/21/02 said:
heres my 2 cents on carsound cats:

dave sold me a 94166 Carsound cat for my setup and i couldn't be more happy. before that, i used a cat sold by Land Speed Racing (look in SCC magazine). i only used this cat for less than a month before i couldn't take the heat shield noise any longer.
Which cat did you buy from landspeed

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
how do you get in contact with this guy i try to e-mail and everything but no responce dose anyone have a number that i can call because i wanted a cat from him but cant get in contact also how much did it cost total.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts