Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i ordered a helmet off ebay last thusday and it just got here today, wOOt! I got the helmet cause you need one to run at the local drag strip and i plan on doing some Auto X this summer. Got the helmet for $60 Shipped and it is DOT and Snell approved. i would recomend this helmet to anybody who is looking to get into auto x or drag and that needs a helmet. if anybody actually wants to know, this is a brand new helmet that i got from a seller that sells helmets all the time. and i can give u the sellers name if u are also interested, just ask. anyway, here it is, enjoy.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
That's nice for $60.00.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice helmet. Although I wouldnt have bought it for the simple reason that I think my head is worth more then 60 dollars. I am not trying to bring you down or start an argument but this is one case where I would buy a name brand helmet, with a outstanding safety rating. on the other hand if your not going to do any serious racing and the chances of crashing are minimal and you just wanted to have a helmet to be able to race, thats a good find.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well for me when im only getting a helmet cause i have too to be at the strip and auto X, i would be perfectly fine doing both without a helmet, im not racing that competivily, just for fun, and im just gettin started. so $60 for an approved helmet is good enough for me right now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i hope you plan on runninng 13's if you are taking your helmet to the drags..

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
no the drag strip us mn peeps go to requires EVERYoNE to wear a helmet. i even saw a guy in a 16.2 taurus wearing one. if u dont have one at the rock falls track, u cant race. even if u brought your tricycle, they would make u wear one...

·
Registered
377 Posts
lenguaso on Apr/12/04 said:
Damn sweet ass deal. Did you disinfect it before you put it on your head?
lol, its a new helmet i think.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, its new, and smells real new, no need to disinfect. if u wana find one on ebay, the guy just sells helmets, do a search for "Street, Kart racing Helmet. Snell M2000" and u will find a bunch on ebay.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
StatGSR on Apr/12/04 said:
yea, its new, and smells real new, no need to disinfect. if u wana find one on ebay, the guy just sells helmets, do a search for "Street, Kart racing Helmet. Snell M2000" and u will find a bunch on ebay.
For anyone planning to do Road course events make sure to search for Snell SA2000 Or look for this logo on the helmet:

More information on helmets can be found in SurferX's Article: Helmet Information

Some tracks will not be so strict on the SA MA rating such as Ghetto strips like Carlsbad...

But if you go to more serious competitions like Speed Trials and some SoloII events, SA2000 Helmets are a requirement. It's good to check.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
StatGSR: how did u decide on a size lol? did you go by hat size? cause i was in the market for one for 2 years now, and i can never decide when lookking at the sizes online.

so i use my friends bell helmet. but sizes vary from brand to brand.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they have measurmetns in CM for you to go by, so u can measure your head how they say too. or some others also say hat sizes u can go with too. i measured, and tried on my friend medium so i knew that was the choice to go with.

and yea, i know the helmet is only MA2000, but im not competitive enough to need a SA2000 yet. but yea, depending on what u wana do, u might need the SA not the MA.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Posted by StatGSR said:
if u wana find one on ebay, the guy just sells helmets, do a search for "Street, Kart racing Helmet. Snell M2000" and u will find a bunch on ebay.
I don't think it's responsible to recommend people to go buy motorcycle helmets because they are cheap. M-rated helmets are always much less expensive than SA-rated helmets, so it's not really a "deal" when you can find them cheap.

Depending on your area, some autocrossing clubs don't even allow M-rated helmets and very rarely will a road course allow it. If you're spending the money may as well get one that you can use everywhere. Many people re-sell their M-rated helmets on Ebay because they thought they were getting a good deal and then realized they couldn't use it for their local events.

·
Registered
201 Posts
DeadLock23 on Apr/12/04 said:
StatGSR: how did u decide on a size lol? did you go by hat size? cause i was in the market for one for 2 years now, and i can never decide when lookking at the sizes online.

so i use my friends bell helmet. but sizes vary from brand to brand.
You cant buy a helmet online unless you go to a bike shop to try the helmet on. You could try 5 different brands small helmets, and they will all fit you differently. Having a helmet that dosent fit correctly is like not wearing one at all. Fitment is key

1 - 20 of 24 Posts