Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, i jsut got a speeding ticket too.. it was in a school zone at 8:30 in the morning, i was running a lil late for a 9 o clock Astronomy exam at collage and spent all night studying, i had another exam right after this one too (CS 211) and here he pulled me over for 44 on a 25 zone,, the thing is he was writing up another person when he stopped me...

i need help with this,, I had one ticket b4, for missing a red light and getting into an accident, but i took the traffic school and got a +1 in the DL till this ticket,, i need help as well....

i also have another question, i don't want my parents to find out this, i'm 19, and if I do go to court, do i have to bring my parents with me?

how many times can I ask for a extension in my ticket in VA?

Frank

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, he gave me a ticket for an expired state inspetion too.. that freaking bastard, i totally forgot bout that, i just got it done today...

any help is greatly appriciated guys...

·
Registered
223 Posts
You're over 18, so you're probably an adult in the court's eyes. If that's the case, you probably wouldn't need to bring your parents.

Are you insured under their policy or your own?

Also, how did that evil cop snag you while he was busy w/ somebody else?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm insured under my parents policy

they cop (bike cop) was writng this lady up and then i guess in the middle of that he clocked me in rader at 44 and went to the street (infront of me) and pulled me over... that lil bastard...

and + does that "pay entra in the bill of the ticket get the refund but don't cash in the check" theory work?

Frank

·
Registered
386 Posts
you totally got what you deserved, school zones are there for a reason. You have no right to call that cop a bastard, how would you feel if your kid went to that school and you say somone speed through a school zone. You can't get any help with this, obvoiusly his original stop wasn't as important, as i have had a cop leave me for a more important call. You wont win this, judges eat up this kid of stuff, anything that involves kids in danger you will get fined. I dont think you have a chance of getting it knocked down either, my friend got a reckless for squealing his tires, and not speeding in a school zone. I hope you do get what you deserve, and I hope you realize you're pretty stupid for complaining. You know you're wrong, and a dumbass. Maybe it's just because im raised ina cop family, and want to be one, but if i messed up like that, I'd know i did something wrong, and I wouldn't complain.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh hush man,, i admit i was wrong, but even a warning would do it.. i mean, here he saw a sound eastern kid (bangladesh is where i'm from) driving a white Teg and he pulles me over, where as there was a white guy right after i got pulled over going over the limit (maybe not as much as me but certainly not 25)and he don't get pulled...

there was no school bus no childern no other cars on the road when i got pulled over... and that road (braddock) is a intercity highway type road with a limit of 45mph just half mile distance from where i was pulled over, 35 where i got pulled... i din't realize i was goin 44 (oviously) cause i normaly go around there at around 40mph following the traffics speed at any giving time i'm there....

·
Registered
386 Posts
he didnt profile you, you just said the white guy was speeding, but not as fast as you. Warnings arent givin here in utah for speeding in a school zone. ESPECIALLY 20 over. He's doing his job. Gotta make an example. Your chances of getting out of it, are slim, depends on what you said to him, you could pull the "i didnt notice" in court, but then again you "missed" a red light. so i dunno, i think you're in trouble

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i know guys, i'm pretty much screwed, but i just need some help on how to go about this.,..

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think the other guys are right when they say that it will be a tough ticket to fight because of the school zone thing.
Also, if you're under your parent's policy, they're gonna find out when they see their bill, but it will probably take a few months before it shows up.
The way I see it, you can A) tell your parents and see what they think, since it's their policy and they'll probably eventually find out anyway, or B) do the "pay extra in the bill of the ticket..." thing you mentioned and see how it goes. I personally have never tried it or heard of anyone actually trying it, but if you are super worried about your parents finding out, you MAY want to try your luck at it. Of course, you could also show up in court to fight the ticket, but like I said and the other guys said, the school zone thing is rough - THEN AGAIN, you might get lucky and get the charges dropped if Mr. bike cop doesn't show up (judges hate it when cops don't show).
It's your call, Frank.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tell your parents. You've got no chance of getting this dropped and it will eventually effect your insurance then they'll notice. Just pay it and slow down.

·
Registered
223 Posts
vondutch on Sep/26/02 said:
you totally got what you deserved, school zones are there for a reason. You have no right to call that cop a bastard, how would you feel if your kid went to that school and you say somone speed through a school zone. You can't get any help with this, obvoiusly his original stop wasn't as important, as i have had a cop leave me for a more important call. You wont win this, judges eat up this kid of stuff, anything that involves kids in danger you will get fined. I dont think you have a chance of getting it knocked down either, my friend got a reckless for squealing his tires, and not speeding in a school zone. I hope you do get what you deserve, and I hope you realize you're pretty stupid for complaining. You know you're wrong, and a dumbass. Maybe it's just because im raised ina cop family, and want to be one, but if i messed up like that, I'd know i did something wrong, and I wouldn't complain.
No offense man, but I think you were a little harsh. I agree w/ you that Frank did something bad and he'll have to take the proper punishment for it, but you can't blame him for being unhappy with the fact that he got a ticket. Then again, maybe it's easy for you to take your kind of attitude when you come from a 'cop family'. Please remember that not all of us come from a 'cop family', and not all of us want to be cops.

·
Registered
185 Posts
School zone? You're screwed.....late for class? Leave earlier. Don't use the race card, that isn't going to work. And neither is "I'm a kid in a phat car."

Just pay your ticket and DoN'T DO IT AGAIN. 44 in a school zone? Man, thats crazy.

There's no way to go about this, just admit you were wrong and stupid and they MIGHT be a LITTLE leniant. My parents would kill me if I got caught speeding in a school zone. You're lucky it wasn't a huge fine, cops take stuff like this seriously, as well they should.

It sucks man, but you have to admit that you dug your own hole and you know better than to do this.

Anyways, good luck with the ticket, I hope this deters you from speeding anywhere in the future.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree with most everyone here. You are pretty much screwed on the ticket. Here in Texas, judges will throw the book at people for speeding school zones or construction areas. I'm sure the cop probably would of left ya alone if it was only like 5-7 over, but you were almost doubling that speed limit. Best advice on this would one be to tell your parents now before they find out the hard way. You can get the inspection ticket dropped though since you got it taken care of right away. Just go up to the county clerks office & tell them you didn't know it was out of date & show them the paperwork for you getting it taken care of. That'll drop that part at least. The rest though, you might be able to take Deferred Judication, which is basically a 6 month probation. If the judge goes for that, then you'll have to keep a clean record for 6 months or else it will go on your driving record permanently. If you do pull off the clean record, then it will disappeard after 6 months. In any aspect, go to the court clerk right away & talk to them to see what your options are. Since you are 19, you are legally an adult & don't have to go to court...You just need to show up to the Court Clerk.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey thankx again guys, i know i deserved the harshness,
now that I realize what the hell i was doing...

man, trust that i'll never speed in the school zone or a residential area again, the thing is that i never did b4, i was always maybe 10mph over the limit, (i know its speeding, but barely..lol) and just didn't realize due to my future exam cramped up in my brain, how fast i was going....

i will go and see the court clerk and see what I could do about it.... if they give me a probation on the points. I'd take it in a heartbeat cause i know that the ticket i got was a once in a full moon type deal...

all in all, i learned my leason... thankx agian guys...

Frank

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Integrity_96 on Sep/26/02 said:
I agree with most everyone here. You are pretty much screwed on the ticket. Here in Texas, judges will throw the book at people for speeding school zones or construction areas.
I hear ya there. I was with a buddy in Plano when he got nailed in a school zone. He was going 10 over and the fine was over $350 bucks. They are crazy out there. It just teaches people to drive safely.

·
Registered
185 Posts
School zones aren't good places to speed. As a matter of fact, it's probably the worst. Think about it though, if my kid (I don't have any kids yet,lol) got hit by some a-hole speeding through a school zone, I would sue his pants off.

Even 10 over in a residential or school zone is asking for trouble. You have to drive like Drooling Johnny is going to be chasing his little red bouncing ball into the street without looking for cars first. ALWAYS do the speed limit in residential/school areas.

Good luck again Frank, hope everything works out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts