Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used teg. I bought it off of some guy and I just wanted to do a maintenance check on it. What should I look for to make it run well. Spark plugs, battery, filter, etc.?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
How many miles does it have?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Probably should have checked before you bought it... =/ would you be willing to pay a mechanic $100 to do a profesh check? Thats what I would do.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Just do the basics for now anyway, unless you know when the last time was that this person you purchased it from did their oil change/spark plugs.

Basics:
-oil change
-spark plugs
-air filter (if dirty)
-check all fluids
-brakes (if worn)
-clean interior/exterior and takes some pics for TI.net

·
Registered
663 Posts
Also check out the articles section of the forum, you'll find a lot of useful information in there.  There is a maintance section that will help you out for doing what you need to do to get your integra in tip top shape. 

And yeah post up some pics man.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
ohshane on Feb/16/04 said:
I just got a used teg. I bought it off of some guy and I just wanted to do a maintenance check on it. What should I look for to make it run well. Spark plugs, battery, filter, etc.?
If you don't mind me asking you. How much did you buy it for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the integra 99 GS for $6000 flat, i paid that sh*t all in cash! Save up almost for a freakin year! I had to sarific video games, movies, nice cloths, etc. but it was cool cuz my girlfriend help me out too. Yeah I would post up pics but its all stock. Its not even lowered yet. I'll post up pics soon, remember my screen name and look for me. Im really happy and exciting about my car. I probably think about my car 5 times an hour. Did I get bitten my the import bug?! AHHH I plan on getting an exhaust, cold air, drop, and tint. The stereo is good enough for me, i don't really listen to the radio when I drive. As of writing this, this is my 1st week of owning the car and I still stale on the Street!!! I never drove a stick before. How embarassing when you got a sweet looking car but can even drive it well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
When i got my 5-speed LS it was my first time on a stick too. Dont worry about stalling and crap man, youll learn pretty fast, I had it completely down in less than a week with about 3 hours a day driving. Its alot more fun then an auto though, thats for sure. Eventually when you get it down, youll be cruisin all fast around your neighborhood, careful though, I've had the cops called on me a few times because it "sounds" like im going to fast cause of my exhaust lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a 2-dr, with moonroof, leather, spoiler the stock 15 acura rims! Man I loved that car. Imma keep that car till im like 30.

·
Registered
514 Posts
g'luck with it bro. be sure to give us updates on everything...we'll be here the whole way with you. btw that was a great steal 6K...only down side is the miles...but it's all gravy

·
Registered
81 Posts
yah that is a pretty good score. HOpe it works out for you and that you dont end up paying a different price for you car than the cash you saved.

Remember drive safely.

·
Registered
611 Posts
wow, I paid a good 10 grand more for my '99 GS, except mine had 13k miles on it. Has 55k now

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The way that guy types, makes me laugh lol.
Mabye cause its so early and I laugh at everything.

Good find on the teg.
Keep us posted.

- Josh

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I paid $17K flat on the road brand new with 0 miles back in late of 1999 and this car was in the show room and plus I got about 3 options install from the Dealership now the car has 52K on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts