Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help wiring up a alpine 9855 deck to my g3 integra. im pretty new to the audio part of my car and i want to do most of it myself. im going to wire up my speakers to my amp so right now i just need to know about the deck. these are the wires from the car i need to know where to hook them up to the deck:
1. dimmer
2. 12 volts constant power (yellow)
3. 12 volts switched power (red)
4. power antenna
5. chassis ground (this one is an easy one)

wires from the deck
1. switched power ignition lead
2. audio interrupt in lead
3. illumination
4. ground lead
5. power antenna lead
6. remote turn on lead
7. battery lead

some of them seem like no brainers but i am very new to this. if anyone could help thanks in advance. richard.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You need to get a harness adapter that plugs into your factory harness, and all you do is simply splice the wires from the deck to the pigtails of the harness.

Its soooo easy, and its even colour coded!

Its all in the article

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
95jdminteg on Jan/22/06 said:
i have the those already i just need to splice the wires but like i said im extremely new to this..

You don't need to touch any of the factory wiring. The harness that you bought plugs into that. You connect the wires out of the aftermarket deck to the wires on the pigtail end of the harness. They should be all colour coded.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
disaznguy on Jan/22/06 said:
sometimes the wires are even labeled with what each color is for
on the package it should have a color code for the wires... this color equals that wire, etc. is it a scoche one? it looks like one... anyways, scoche has it on the cardboard stuff in the packaging, its on the back.

·
Registered
179 Posts
nice deck. hahahahi just got the 9855R heheheh, the dimmer dw about it... no need just a hassel
and i didn't hook up the audio interupt dont knwo what it is so theres no need for it.
you might wanan hook up a switch to the solid (i think was solid) blue wire which is the antenna. our 2 meter dorkus arials suck.... just check the top of the deck it the power antenna wire... or the stock honda one is green and yellow i think.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
just match up the wires on the deck with the wires on the adapter,on the adapter wires they should tell you what its for.once you find out what that set of wire is for then just match it with the wires on the deck,read the manual for wire color code.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
When i got my new deck, I also bought a harness that plugged straight from my deck to the OEM wire harness. no soldering, nothing. just plug and play. Cost $20, but saved a lot of headache and time.

·
Registered
446 Posts
disclaimer: there are no stupid questions, right?

i was messing with my headunit and all my audio wiring, trying to figure out what people who worked on my car have done, and i am wondering how my front speakers are working? My back ones dont work (car got broken into, they are not plugged into the back of the headunit or an amp), but my front ones work and I cant find the wires for them. Where do they plug in at on the deck? The wiring harness labeled front speaker and such? i can wire subs and amps, but cant figure out normal speakers for the life of me

·
Registered
220 Posts
I believe the front's are white and white/blackstripe and grey and grey/blackstripe going into the deck from a wiring harness.

I honestly can't remember what color the stock wire colors are though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.