Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at buying a used turbo recently, most likely a T-3. It seems that the turbo's on ebay are going for way too much. I was wondering what car makes and models are good for looking for used turbos and intercoolers. any help appreciated

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
you can get turbos and intercoolers from starions for like 300 bucks is what a junk dealler told me last time i had just missed it audi vw and mostly anything as long as you can get a turbo manifold.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
::pulls thread from the ground::

I am also interested in pulling a junkyard turbo and intercooler for my 1995 GSR.

What is a starion? They use T3 turbos?

·
Registered
874 Posts
the Starion is a Mitz...right? it IS a T3, but i think it has some strange flange on it other than a normal T3 flange. correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
515 Posts
hrm...i was at the junkyard a few days ago and i gottta say...its definately a first come first serve kinda thing. but u can look at volvo's, saab's, and maybe even a turbo truck or something lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
ok ok, did some researching, Starion is pretty rare. good luck finding one. the DO NOT use T3s, but a TC06, have fun with that tiny thing. my buddy jsut turbo'd his GSR with a huge turbo from some Turbo Diesel Ford truck. i don't know what kind it is, but its as big as my face.

*EDIT: it's late, and i cannot spell

·
Registered
29 Posts
how friggin sweet would that be if you could rid up a turbo from a freightliner or peterbuilt! Now that would be an awesome challenge!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i am afraid that a turbo that big is not practical....at all. While it is more than capable of making my power goals...it wouldnt spool until 7K rpms...LOL. I need something smaller. Like a T3 .60 trim.

·
Registered
874 Posts
xstalkrx on Jun/26/04 said:
i am afraid that a turbo that big is not practical....at all. While it is more than capable of making my power goals...it wouldnt spool until 7K rpms...LOL. I need something smaller. Like a T3 .60 trim.
it's not, its just the fact that he spent 30 bucks on some old ass turbo and runs 8psi. he makes 210 to the wheels tuned. so, for about $900 he's got a decent temporary setup.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
sabbs /volvos/ old thunderbirds/ ford probe/starions/ conquest wich is the same car i think/ if you have the one with the funny flange then you will need a flange adapter no biggie.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i guess last question would be...how do i know what size the turbo is when i actually find one?

i bet most of these turbos are in bad shape though...i guess it would be worth it to buy a newer turbo.

·
Registered
874 Posts
xstalkrx on Jun/26/04 said:
how did he find a manifold for that turbo?
made it. he owns a shop here and has welded for about 6 years.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got a turbo from a turbocharged thunderbird. It's a T3 with .63 compressor and .48 turbine. It spools up very fast and makes power throughout the powerband.

·
Registered
874 Posts
hey, i forgot about the T-bird Turbo Coupes...thanks for bringing that up. those are a nice unit, if you can find one...pick it up. did you use the side-mount as well? that's TRUE "junkyard" right there.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm not trying to "hi-jack" anyones thread or anything, but, to the original thread starter, or anyone that's interested I guess, I have a 1 month old Garrtt T3 for sale. I had it build to my choice of specs. T3 50 trim .48 A/R hot side .42 A/R cold side. It was good enough to produce 7 psi and 2300 rpm at WOT in my B18B1. PM me if you are interested. I might even be able to dig up the compressor map for it as well, can't guarantee that.

·
Registered
515 Posts
can someone weld me a manifold? for like...250?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts