Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MD: what do you think of these cams? i've been researching more and more.. and to be honest, these really don't seem bad... a really good alternative over the B's and C's... its not really a big cam too.. LoNG duration...

·
Registered
550 Posts
u can ask canuckmx-6 who just joined us here this weekend at TI. He has jun type 3's in his gsr. From the feedback that ive heard from him. The idle is like stock. up to 5k rpm there is a bit more power, but from around 5- 9 500 rpm they are crazy. Heres his site his email adress is on it if you want some info on them. http://members.rogers.com/canuck-mx6/

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool.. thanks for the replies...

MD: out of curiosity, how come you went with toda's instead of juns...?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Toda cams have much better midrange and transients...it pulls, pulls, and pulls.

it doesn't have the peak numbers of a Jun 3 but I wasn't looking to impress anyone with peak numbers. Having said that though, the Jun 3's/Skunk stage 2's are less finicky than the Toda B's...less hassles with idle, tuning, compatible packaging (especially static CR)...you can get big numbers easier with the Jun/Skunk.

if I was advising people who want a drop in cam with less hassle on installation, less hassle for tuning and less hassle of trying rework your package to be compatible with the cam, then I would suggest Toda A's for the street/weekend racer or Skunk2 stage 2's, if I had to do it again. AS I said, those Toda B's were a headache with the install, timing belt flapping issues, and needing 12-12.3:1 CR to make them sing.

All cams listed in this thread need valvespring upgrading and tuning (ECU reprogram and cam gear).

Slightly bigger injectors will help for top end power....
I have a set of RC 270's sitting on my shelf if anyone needs to buy them....

If you want a race motor, then that's another ball of wax...

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
gas mileage?: normal if you run stock injectors (which limits your peak hp gain). You'd be surprised how good of gas mileage you get if you tune your engine properly.

It's only when you get into 310 injectors or more and a huge fuel pump that you see big drops in mileage and even then, you'd be surprised if you tuned it properly...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
mike, the 270's,
1-what is thier flow compared to stock injectors?
2-how much you asking?
thanks
terry

·
Registered
168 Posts
i know bringing back old threads is frowned upon but i would like to know what you think MD.

Should i sell my toda b's and go with JUN 3's, or should i just stick with toda's? i will be a weekend racer, but i dont mind the tuning and what not, that is not my concern.

I want to know what is best for my set up.

ALSO THE BIG QUESTIoN DO JUN CAMS BREAK MORE THEN USUAL(IF INSTALLED PROPERLLY)????!!!!

LET ME KNOW MD, THANKS!

·
Registered
168 Posts
TodaTeg on Feb/25/03 said:
i know bringing back old threads is frowned upon but i would like to know what you think MD.

Should i sell my toda b's and go with JUN 3's, or should i just stick with toda's? i will be a weekend racer, but i dont mind the tuning and what not, that is not my concern.

I want to know what is best for my set up.

ALSO THE BIG QUESTIoN DO JUN CAMS BREAK MORE THEN USUAL(IF INSTALLED PROPERLLY)????!!!!

LET ME KNOW MD, THANKS!
MD, help me out here thanks!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
The Jun cams don't break if you use their valvesprings, don't rev past 9000 rpm, use a stronger than stock timing belt, don't mill the head more than 10 thousandths, don't use oversized valves, and don't advance/retard the cam gear more than 3 degrees in either direction.

Jun USA just does engine packages. There are several retailers still selling Jun cams like inline4.

they do have a TDC check issue but have similar specs to the Jun 3's and similar powerband location and performance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Holy S*it you just scared me. My proted and polished B16 head has been milled .002" and I am using oversized valves. In addition my fuel cut is at 9.8k. I'm really scared. My motor has only 1.5k miles on it and I have had no problems yet with this abuse. MD do you think this abuse will lead to an early death for my motor?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
ugh! that's some serious green! do you think it is the radical profile, the materials or both? is this happening to cams from other MFGs with similar profiles?
well I guess it will be TODA/Skunk2's for me.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Todas and Skunk2's don't come without their own set of unique problems.

In fact each one of these high end aggressive cams are finnicky requiring their own unique installation checks to ensure no issues.

Toda A's and Skunk2 Stage 1's are no hassle street cams.

It's when you get into the Toda B-D and Skunk2 Stage 2-3's that you start getting into these worrisome installation headaches and precautions you must check.
Skunk2's have TDC alignment problems related to the cam gears and Todas require a TDC check and use of their timing belt and springs as well as a CR bump up.

Endyn has a good idea in using moly coating the rocker arms and cam lobes during installs along with the assembly lube up of the cams. A very good idea that I didn't do with my cams and would recommend it to everyone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts