Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching the methods of forced induction because I definately want to go faster, and I think that either a turbo or Supercharger are the way to go.

my time goals are quite liberal, hopefully i can start buying the parts in about 5 or 6 months.

I have a 98 GSR and I am more of a track or auto x fan then a dragrace fan (never been to a dragstrip before but intend to try soon) and this is the reason why im considering the jackson racing SC setup.

I think that i would like to make right around 250 whp and as much torque as posible.

It seems like almost every day i change my mind between if i would like to go turbo or SC as i continue to research and learn. and that brings me to my questions

Whats the differences between the regular JSRC and the HIGH boost version?

Does anyone here have this JSRC? and if so what are your expierences with it?

·
Registered
800 Posts
yea i got the jrsc high boost on my 98 gs-r and love it just have to maintain the belts and check em once in a while (since its belt driven), had to the change the sc belt when it broke a week ago they usually last around 10k miles depending on how much you beat on it but regular driving will last longer and the replacement belt i got from NAPA (part # 040245) cost about $12 w/tax....took about 40 mins to change so yea thats my 2 cents but good luck with what you go with ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a full turbo kit that I had on my 97 gsr and made 245hp at the tiers and 215 fpot. Im salling it for 1500. I have evrything you would need. fm intercooler, charge pipes, down pipe, bol from greddy type s, wastegate, boost controler, fuel rail, fuel p/rl, 440cc injectors, 255 walbero fuel pump, p28 chiped and tune for my set up. I have the jumper harness for obd2 to obd1. Turbo manifold also have the dump tube for the wastegate

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so all this is the same blower just with a different pully, hondata, and 440 injectors?

From what i have read, the regular JSRC gets way to hot if you try to push more then 9 or 10 psi but this states that it will do 12 lbs

·
Registered
201 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, a turbo kit will give you higher torque than a supercharger.

Also, if you are wanting to do auto x, i don't think it matters which you have going through a turn. You should brake before the turn and give it gas through the turn which will allow the boost to build with the turbo. And as the guy said before, watch the belts and make sure your pulleys are snug. Just a little slack can cause a loss in boost.

If you are into auto x, stick with it. Drag racing is a rush, but you can break a lot of stuff launching and throwing so much power into it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yes turbos give higher torque but its later in the power band whereas a blower puts torque on very early. thats why its called 'more power off the line than a turbo' since there's no spool time but its a tradeoff with less peek power.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Thrasher865 on Feb/01/06 said:
by high boost, do you mean with the 10 lb pulley upgrade? Thats not what I'd consider 'high boost.' It is for a supercharger.

It is not high boost by any means, but they use the term to ondicate that its a step above their base 6psi boost setup.

Quote: jdm2ner on Feb/01/06 I have a full turbo kit that I had on my 97 gsr and made 245hp at the tiers and 215 fpot. Im salling it for 1500. I have evrything you would need. fm intercooler, charge pipes, down pipe, bol from greddy type s, wastegate, boost controler, fuel rail, fuel p/rl, 440cc injectors, 255 walbero fuel pump, p28 chiped and tune for my set up. I have the jumper harness for obd2 to obd1. Turbo manifold also have the dump tube for the wastegate

Sounds to me like someone is trying to make a sale... please use the B/S/T forum for that.

Quote: Devin_fox83 on Feb/01/06 so all this is the same blower just with a different pully, hondata, and 440 injectors?
The blower itself is the same. Its not like a turbo where you upgrade the turbine or anything. SC uses pulleys. Its a simple basic understanding of pulley systems. Think of a bike with gears (10 speed or 18 speed) and how it changes from one setup to another.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Also thinking about it- I keep seeing used JRSCs on ebay for around 700 - so tempting. I'll crack sooner or later.

Did I just miss it or do they not have LS applications?

Sak- you make it sound like its a pulley upgrade, but same supercharger - but someone else said they overheat over 9psi and this one boosts 10 psi. Could someone clarify? I'm starting to get strangely excited about a high boost jrsc hondata combo

·
Registered
526 Posts
JR stopped production on the ls charger last year i think but i still see them for sale here though so who knows. i emailed them and they said JR was still making them but i have my doubts.

and about the heat issue, its a roots styler supercharger which makes full boost at all RPMs unlike a centrifugal charger which is essentially a turbo/blower hybrid in that it is not gas driven like a turbo but it still has the lag time till power starts going up since its dependent on the speed of the turbines to create positive intake pressure. the reason for the extra heat is found in the link above. the whole site is quite informative if u need help about SCs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.