Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the J's Racing Tsuchinoko intake chamber work with a '98 GS-R with the stock B18C1 intake manifold?? Also, assuming that I got a JRSC would the J's intake still fit or would it need to be modified?? Any related information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Wy do you want it for the JRSC anyways? Tell us that first. And why are you not considering any other intake?

For the record, ITR IM will not work on JRSC system as the JRSC replaces everything on the IM side of the motor. The RSC has its own IM.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sak- thanks for the help but I'm still stumped...

1) What do you mean why do I want it?? You act as if that would be a bad idea...I mean have you seen that thing? I think it is the sweetest looking intake ever and people who have it love the performance gains and throttle response and say that the sound is absolutely incredible.

2) "Not considering another intake??" Don't jump to conclusions...I have a full icebox setup right now and I love it, but I will have to get the JRSC version if I supercharge my car so why not switch to an intake that I like more in the process??

3) "Would it require a Type R IM on an NA setup, and be impossible on a JRSC setup then??" As you can see as I am unsure as to whether or not I will get the JRSC...In an NA setup would the J's intake fit on a B18C1 with the Type R IM ??

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Ryan, for the JRSC as well as a NA application, think package. You want a large diameter for the intake, most of the tme 3". Don't base the intakes performace, sound, looks, etc from a NA application onto the JRSC application.

The Comptech is a very nice unit. In fact, its the only one so far that I have found to fit properly on the JRSC applications, well probably except for JR's intake, but who has one of those anyways?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.