Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get a pulley, whether its the crank or the supercharger pulley, that will boost the supercharger to 10 psi....????

if i go with this set up at 10 psi....kamikaze headers, 2.5 inch cat, and 2.5 inch exhaust....how much more whp will i get rather than just running a 4-2-1 dc header, a 2.25 inch cat and my greddy evo exhaust (which is 2.25 inches correct...???)

is that the correct set up for supercharging....the kamikaze header with the 2.5 inch collector and a 2.5 inch cat, and a 2.5 exhaust..???

if it is....what company makes a 2.5 inch exhaust for the integra GSR....???

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Endyn sells 10PSI pulleys. I would suggest going with the hi-flow model Kamikaze header with the 3" collector. You should easily see 235~250, deepending on fuel and ignition. Hell, if you put some 104 ocatne and cranked the timing up you could hit 280.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i think 10 psi is max, the supercharger stops making power or its like too much for the supercharger something like that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i run 10 psi....i would need the kamikaze header with a 3 inch collector....??? if so..what about the exhaust....do i stil go with the 2.5 inch exhaust or a 3 inch exhaust now...????

i also have cam gears in my car rite now.....so when i put in the supercharger....i would need to have less overlap correct....??? if so..then this question is for the timing....if i advance the intake cam...do i advance the timing...??? and alos vice versa.....

does anyone know anyone else selling a 10 psi pulley...cuz i cant get a hold of endyn....their email isnt workin.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
haha endyn. Well try Jim at Motorvations Motorsports (205) 661-3600, i think he made some pulleys called a mvm stepper (alternator)pulley its only 9psi , and I believe if you get a ls crank pulley, that'll raise you ~8psi(vs 6 stock), and a crv crank pulley is suppose to give ~9psi(vs 6 stock) so a mvm pulley + ls pulley would = ~11(i duno if u can just do that though, talk to jim I'm sure he'd know). The biggie about supercharger is the heat they create. Above 10psi the heat is too much. There is also a limit to the supercharger but I don't think 10psi is the limit, I'm sure if there was ever a intercooler you could do 10,11 psi, but like 14,15 psi might be a little much for it.

You are upgrading fuel and everything right? Get ready for lots of tuning. I didn't know kami made a 3" collector i thought 2.5" was the biggest, but if they made 3" I'm sure you'd get more power goin for a 3" cat and 3" exhaust, if your gona be around 10psi. I duno anything about cams and timing so someone else will hopefully answer that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes because of heat, but if there was a intercooler for it, and I still have hope, although I know it'll never happen, then you could boost that much.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
The damage that occures to the blower happens at +10PSI *AND* the charged air is too hot to use. If you intercool it, you are only changing the second portion of the equation. The blower's temps will remain constant. When blower starts to take a nose dive and the coasting falls off ect.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just get the 97 Honda CRV Crank Pulley. That is 10PSI, i had it on my gsr before I got rid of it. It was nice and quick, but it killed my stock clutch fast, it stopped gripping after a week. Why settle for aftermarket when you can have the OEM made by Honda?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, some guy on the hostboard fi integra forum had a 11-psi intercooled, then switched to, 15psi non-intercooled, don't know why its not, i cant find the thread, the only one i find is one where he's saying that he's running 15psi, and still goin, he said it pulls better then 11psi intercooled, so i duno. Everyone said that that's too much. He's shooting for 11s, but i think he's still doing low 12s. I would never boost that high, but its cool to know someone else doing it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i can do 10 psi on the supercharger rite....??? so its only after 10 psi that heat becomes excessive rite....??? what if i use the liquid intercooling by jackson....and run 10 psi....is that any good....??? will i gain any more hp if i run the liquid intercooling....??

·
Registered
385 Posts
the guy who installed my supercharger ..has done hundreds of superchargers on honda's/acura's and he says over 11lbs and it doesn't work effectively..you can check him out at www.lhtperformance.net/

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
huh...???

is the iiquid intercooling any good....???

i've heard the crv crank gives 9 psi....or is it 10 psi....??? which one is more accurate...??? 9 or 10 psi...???

·
Registered
169 Posts
10 is the max you should run. I believe a jrsc can't do more than that. All Measurements on the exhaust should be the same, 2.5 or 3 for everything. Going down in size(from 3 to 2.5) will produce diminishing returns.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts