Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cant deside what i would like to get. This will be a daily driver that I would like to take to the track every often. The sc will give me more torque and power all through the power band but the turbo will have more peak horsepower and will have room for improvement. I also want something reliable. So I guess my question is which would best suit my purposes and also what would be (around) the best hp I would get from the jrsc with I/H/E and the J.R water intercooler

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Quite honestly, this is just a comparison between a SC and a TC. So just make up your mind on what you want and buy it. If it makes it any easier, find people with each one and drive it to see which you prefer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I guess budget is of no concern???
If that's the case why not go N/A, by far the most reliable, naturally!!!
If price is a concern and you don't want to drive like a mad man all the time, except for that occasional GT or ricer civc's then get a wet nitrous kit. Nothing says back off like a big white cloud of nitrous coming from your whip, besides if you don't use nitrous all the time you could save on gas and also be reliable and have the ability to go fast.
I do agree with sak though because we could end up going on and on and on about the subject. There really is never a end to it, if you know what I mean. The jrsc comes with a warranty which would say something to me although the GReddy turbo kit should make more HP, and then there is the vortech kit. I'm saving for either n/a build or the edlebrock turbo kit, whenever that comes out specific to our cars.
All this is in my own opinion, take what you want out of it......
thanks......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would say get a turbo charger. Turbo has much more room for improvement. For daily driving you can keep it under 4,000 rpm and have it driving like normal. Then on command you spool up and your gone.....pSsSh...

I'm turbo charging my 99 GSR in 3 weeks.
I'm going with the greddy kit. Good fit, overall good kit.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
SiCk on Apr/07/04 said:
IFor daily driving you can keep it under 4,000 rpm and have it driving like normal. Then on command you spool up and your gone.....pSsSh...
And what makes you think the SC would be any different? Do you even know how a traditional eaton SC works?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Obviouls not, 2500 rpms *mash* = instant booost...ha....very manly for daily driving

·
Registered
261 Posts
This isn't really a good question to ask because you will get 100 different answers. Each person has their own preferences. I agree with Sak, you should find someone with a turbo charger or a supercharger and drive it around. After experiencing it, you will be able to decide for yourself what suits your needs. Jackson racing and Greddy are both very reputable companies, so either way you will be getting a good product.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts