Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to the forum but I have research any problems I have had on here before. Thanks for all the help!

I wanted to get some insight into my scenario. I have a 93 LS Special Edition still in good condition. It is an R title and has about 114k miles on it. It is mostly stock, expect some stuff that has worn out over its life. It has the B18b1 and auto trans. I also have a JRSC for a b16 and a VTEC head. Given the age of the car, I am wondering if it is worth it to go through an install of the JRSC and make an LS VTEC? The car isn't worth much but still a joy to drive, but I also don't want to sink thousands trying to get this to work. Based on some of the photos on older threads, I believe my JRSC is not a complete kit.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Built not Bought, it is my understanding that the JRSC fits a B16 head, which is why I got the B16 head with it. It would be going on the stock B18b1. That would be the LS VTEC and then supercharged.

My concern is I may have trouble sourcing parts that are missing from the kit. I would want to do a lot of work myself to save money, but I don't have a ton of experience. I don't want to grenade a running LS SP.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Since you are going to install B16 head, you are going to need the following parts:

1. B16 intake manifold
2. Intake manifold gasket
3. -6AN external oil feed line for the head
4. B16 head gasket
5. Plug to close the oil passage in B16 head
6. LSVTEC dowels
7. VTEC ecu chipped for the SR
8. B16 exhaust manifold (2-piece)
9. Exhaust manifold gasket
10. Colder spark plugs
11. Larger injectors
12. Possibly 255 LPH fuel filter

I may be missing something, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Since you are going to install B16 head, you are going to need the following parts:

1. B16 intake manifold
3. -6AN external oil feed line for the head
4. B16 head gasket
5. Plug to close the oil passage in B16 head
6. LSVTEC dowels
7. VTEC ecu chipped for the SR
10. Colder spark plugs
11. Larger injectors

I may be missing something, but you get the idea.

Also he still have the Automatic Transmission. He is limited on Tuning software. He also need LS/VTEC head studs, Adjustable cam gears and FPR/filter. He can get away with a 1 piece Manifold. I'm running a JDM ITR 1 piece on my LS (B18B1)/VTEC (B16)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I was looking at the this kit

https://www.hptautosport.com/products/golden-eagle-vtec-full-conversion-kit-81mm-arp-208-4303-lsvtec-gsr-b18-b16-gvcfullkit81-0?variant=8253419841&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2o_fBRC8ARIsAIOyQ-nkgPRhVKVgVWxE-gp7Hz8rWMDyI2DMl2fJ4xZWQY3MmnPcOF18ssQaAsRfEALw_wcB

Looks like it has some of your list but I would still need:
1. B16 intake manifold - I thought this was part of the supercharger items?
7. VTEC ecu chipped for the SR - SR? Supercharger?
10. Colder spark plugs
11. Larger injectors - What cc?

I have 3 large concerns.
1. the ability to do the work myself
2. the lack of completeness in the JRSC kit
3. blowing up the engine.

@phatintegra, how do you like the LS VTEC?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
@phatintegra, how do you like the LS VTEC?
It was the best thing I have ever done and I’m on spray. I’m planing to go ITBs in the future. For the money I have spent I would of just went FI and would of saved money.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The LSVTEC kit looks complete, and for a good price.

1. You are correct
2. Hence the IM gasket shall also be included
7. I meant ECU chipped for SC
8. LS header (exhaust manifold) will not work with B16 head, hence you would need an oem B16 (2-piece) header. But I agree with phatintegra, it would be best to go with an aftermarket 1-piece header to improve the exhaust flow.
9. B16 exhaust manifold gasket will be needed to install the header
10. I suspect the spark plugs will have to be 1-step colder.
11. 440cc maybe all you need, but the supercharger specs would dictate the size, read the instructions.
12. More air means more fuel will be required. Your OEM fuel pump would likely not be able to accomodate the SC, hence and aftermarket high flow fuel pump will be required.

1. If you worked on engines before such as head gasket replacement, water pump, t-belt etc. I think you should be able to install SC yourself. Watch some youtube videos to make that decision.
2. Goodle what a complete SC kit looks like and compare it to yours. See if the parts you are missing are available for purchase, and if the prices are reasonable.
3. Make sure you get the correct ECU for the SC. If you can't, you will need to dyno the car. Chance of blowing engine up with SC is higher than if the engine is stock. Anything can happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
93LSSP
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing