Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 98 gsr jr supercharger pushing about 9 psi. i bought it from this guy couple weeks ago and while driving my upper sc belt (im guessing from the sc to the alternator) broke because there's no belt on the sc pulley....my car still runs fine but would like to know what is the best performance belt to get so i won't have to replace it as much as everyone says they do because i heard this belt breaks alot. the jr website says the model belt is 4pk620 for the upper but if there's something better to replace this i'd rather do that.

And also can anyone give tips on how to put in the new one? thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
seems like there aren't other "better" belts than the ones supplied by jackson, or napa or any local parts stores. a belt is a belt, and frequent belt breakage comes with the territory of the JRSC.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea that sounds like a good idea i'd rather get a aftermarket one from napa then get it from the jr i heard they break easily compared to others.

Is it ok to drive the car without that belt? its just a n/a gs-r now that i have no boost right?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea your right i'll probably buy 3.....since its changed frequently it should be simple to replace or is it alot of work?
Is it ok to drive the car without that belt? its just a n/a gs-r now that i have no boost right?

·
Registered
628 Posts
here's a thread with all the different sizes you would need with different pulleys.

to replace it you have to loosen the alternator pulley and move the belt out of the way. it takes me about 30 min to change a belt when mine breaks so its not that bad. it is ok to drive without the belt, its just like driving without the charger on the car.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Not much you can do about it. Considering the car is still driveable anyways, its not a big deal. Its just a belt. I'd take James advice and get an extra set just to be on the safe side.

I did have a soresponding part from Autozone, only I included it in my F/S thread to the new owner. Take the part number JR gave you and have the local parts store match it up for you.

JR's belt costs too much, just get one for a couple of bucks. Either way, you'll end up having to replace it later down the road anyways so why pay a lot more for it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
ok here... i just went through this for the third time...
the belt your looking for is from napa the part number is 040245
enjoy haha someone should save this thread as this number is EXTREMELY hard to find

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys i looked up the part number 040245 on www.napaonline.com and nothing came up. Does it fall under a new part # or do i just ask for this part # when i walk into the store?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have better luck going to the store with the part number, and get a couple of them, they are like 10 bux a piece, but u wont be running back to the store all the time. What pulley are you running to get the 9psi? did he tell you any info like that? Is the car running any fuel management?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea this is what he had professionally installed at collingdaleperformance.com:

SuperCharged with 9lb of High Boost Jackson Racing Supercharger(you can check it at JacksonRacing.com). Producing 270 whp. It includes: 440cc Injectors, AEM fuel rail, Regulator with gauge, Walbro Fuel Pump, Comptech Ice Box and Intake system, Edelbrock 4-1 Header, MSD Cap, Ignition Wires, MSD 6A-L, Deep sounds from a Skunk2 Full Cat Back Exhaust system, ACT Extreme Hybrid Plate and Lighted Weight Fidanza Flywheel to handle the power.The Ecu was replaced by the great HonData s200, An Boost/Vaccum gauge from Autometer and Edelbrock throttle body was also included. Aem tru pulleys and i think thats it.....

i just got the belt from NAPA so now its just a matter of puttin the belt on which looks like a VERY tight spot to work with, did you ever change yours?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Jan/23/06 said:
Could the snapped belt be a sign of abuse or improper installation of the supercharger?
Nope. Its common for it to go out. Its just something you have to live with on a SC application. only thing I can think of is getting a belt with more ribs. However thats hard to do considering the space limitations of it having to hit the side of the fenders.

OEM manufacturer's like chevy and ford usually have it so that its incorporated into their serpentine belt. one large belt for everything.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea those belts have to be change more often then not maybe 8-10k miles and should be frequently checked for wear or cracks so this way it won't break on you and possibly break something else....i didn't know this before but now i do.....i just bought the belt from Napa about 2 hrs ago.....has anyone ever put one on themselves before, looks like i def have to work from under the car which sux but o well i don't mind......tips on tightening, removal/replacing would be great...thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
yea you need a lift to do it ffast... but you gotta take of the belt on the outside to get to the inside of the pullies... not too hard just time consuming especially without a lift. just take your time and use common sense

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.