Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am finally putting some TLC into the Teg like she deserves. I got her for my birthday 2 years ago when i used to live in Chicago.

When i first got her, the interior was tan. I hated it & i bet alot you out there hate the tan. I thought to myself hey i'll be cool and paint it blue. Baby blue.

Now mind you i've never done anything like this but i said "dammit, it's my car. I do whatever the fu*k i want!" lol. It took about a week and a a couple hundred fewer brain cells later, i was done. It actually turned out ok. People noticed my car. I thought i was the king of the world. Then i moved to Jacksonville, Florida.

I was here about a week and someone broke into my car. Took everything. Radio, PS2, TV, VCR. I was so heartbroken :( I felt sooooo violated. I had an alarm but i think they were professionals. My blue interior was all messed up and i just lost interest.

After a couple of months i got back into the mix and bought another radio & touched up the paint. I was at my girl's house for awhile late one night. I was walking outside and i noticed something was wrong with Teggy. Someone had broken into her again! No radio anymore :( I also had my video camera, Gamecube i just got back from a friend the same night in there so that was all gone too. I was SO lucky though because my laptop was in the backseat and they must not have seen it.

I was so devastated i just stopped caring about having an Integra. I almost sold my soul and got an SRT-4! But after talking to friend i had a change of heart. I said i am not gonna let Teggy go to someone who won't care about her. So i did'nt get the SRT-4 and now i am in the process of doing a JDM Conversion, changing the blue interior to black, painting it Suzuka Blue basically have a clean Teg.

I guess i have to thank all of you on this site for making me realize that i love my car and i don't know what i would do without it. I know i'll never be the fastest car out there, but that does'nt matter to me. I spent alot of time doing things to improve my car and i am proud of that. I guess that's why i can't let go.

I hope my rant has entertained you. Thanx!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Wow. That is quite a story.

I constantly live in fear of my teg being broken into or stolen. So much that I actually wake up in the middle of the night when my neighbor starts her car and leaves, she has a modded eclipse and it's exhaust sounds very similar to mine.

So I've decided to have my teg become a "trailer queen". Right now it's up on jack stands for the next month, after it comes down that car stays in the garage except to cruise about once a month to go to show's on a trailer, and I'm debating trailering it to meet's and then just taking it off the trailer to show off. I'm buying the GMC Yukon this week to tow with and the trailer in about 2 to 3 weeks.

In fact, what I'm considering is sticking it on jack stands in the garage and keeping the jack in the house just so it would take more time for someone to steal the teg.

I'm either super paranoid about "Rosebud" or I'm just protective of my investment.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Chronocrane on Feb/03/04 said:
I had an alarm but i think they were professionals.
Car alarms are a lot easier to bypass than you'd think. It definitely doesn't take a professional to defeat a car alarm. That is something you should think about if you are going to do a JDM conversion and paint your teg blue. It will attract more people and theives.

Take 90 mins of your time, protect da teg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the stuff was out of sight......

When my car got broken into the 2nd time my stuff was in the trunk....so that was just their lucky day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts