Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting the JDM Type-R Sedan exhaust with b-pipe for my 95 GS-R Sedan. Does anyone know if it's a direct bolt on or will I have to get make an extension or change the points where the hangers are? Also, does anyone know how loud the exhaust is? Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if it is the Sedan exhaust? What about my cat? I have a DC 4-2-1 header, will i need to get a cat with a 2.5 in collect where the cat meets the b-pipe?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Well, since not many of the Type R sedans were made in '97, and I don't think there were any USDM versions (although I could be wrong, you might have a tricky time finding one. I would imagine the muffler is the only part you really need and I don't see why Honda would use a different one on the sedan than they do on the coupe. I mean, the GSR sedan muffler doesn't look any different from the GSR coupe one, does it? If you can find a Type R muffler only then you can probably just do the change. If you are looking for a real increase in performance then its going to be more than just muffler swaps you'll want to do. There are actually several other mufflers I'd get if I was looking for performance. If you are just trying to swap out as many Type R parts as you can, then I understand the desire for the exhaust. I still think the muffler is the only part you need. The rest of the pipes are likely the same as what you have now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get a type r sedan exhaust from the cat back for cheaper than almost any aftermarket exhaust. The exhaust is 2.365" throughout. I just don't want to switch out the exhaust just for the sake of "Type-R." I want it for the b-pipe, exhaust, performance and the quieter sound. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was a direct bolt on to a 95 GS-R sedan?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Jngrbrdman on Feb/03/04 said:
...I don't see why Honda would use a different one on the sedan than they do on the coupe. I mean, the GSR sedan muffler doesn't look any different from the GSR coupe one, does it?
The JDM ITR sedan muffler has a longer tip on the end that the JDM ITR coupe. Other than that, they're the same.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm pretty sure the hangers are the same, but the b-pipe might be a little short. Kill two birds with one stone and get the pipe extended at the cat while eliminating the bottleneck flange.

BTW, the JDM ITR sounds nice. A little growl (even more so in the mid to high RPM's), but otherwise a stock sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts