1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
but im right handed... not left handed... its like trying to drive with the gas pedal on the left and clutch on the right... im sure the JDM isnt like that but its an example of why i dont feel confy driving it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i got a question on RHD...for ours (LHD) manual of course, 1st gear you pull left and straight up...is that the same as for RHD, or do you pull right and straight up

·
Registered
845 Posts
If it already hasn't been titled in the US, it will be a nightmare to do so. And if you have emissions test in your area, forget it. Unless you want a JDM ITR for the track only, forget it.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
OMG that is a beautifull car, if I only had the money!!!!

Michele

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
brianle on Feb/27/04 said:
i got a question on RHD...for ours (LHD) manual of course, 1st gear you pull left and straight up...is that the same as for RHD, or do you pull right and straight up
For first, you pull towards you and then up.

It's not hard to drive. I am right handed, but when I moved to this country I thought I'd have a hard time shifting with my right hand because I had always used my left.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Oo9o9xAzNoO on Feb/27/04 said:
Everything from gear points to clutch and pedals are the same.
you beat me to it man everything is the same the pedals are in the same location and everything but on the other side of the car the only difference is that first is where 5 is and 2 is where reverse is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hehehe :)

The gear lever is exactly the same, you just operate it from the other side of the car, like sitting in the passenger seat. So first is top left as you face forward.

The pedals are the same way round only on the other side of the car, which does cause problems with the accelerator on some smaller vehicles and results in the pedals being offset from the steering wheel.

I'm English by the way and we drive on the right side of the road over here; the left :)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
yep.. same pedal position.. same gearbox configuration.. the only things that switches around is where the driver sits and the windshield wiper/turn signal switches.. beh.. its hard to get those streetably legal.. i know in california especially those are only legalized with mucho dinero(lots of money) and time..

·
Registered
452 Posts
a98tegLS on Feb/27/04 said:
Quote: brianle on Feb/27/04i got a question on RHD...for ours (LHD) manual of course, 1st gear you pull left and straight up...is that the same as for RHD, or do you pull right and straight up For first, you pull towards you and then up.

It's not hard to drive. I am right handed, but when I moved to this country I thought I'd have a hard time shifting with my right hand because I had always used my left.
LOL WHAAAAAAAAAAT? i drove a right hand drive CRX SIR.....and um... apparently YOU SHOULD NOT GIVE FALSE INFORMATIoN...wtf is wrong with you man..IF U DoNT KNOW YOUR sh*t..dont say sh*t...the gears are the same

1 3 5
2 4 R

u pull to the left with your left hand and push up while your right hand is on the steering wheel. GEEZ why do people like to make up stories by saying u pull towards u...WTF...its like saying my 95' LS b18b engine uses electricty.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i dont think the car is drivable on US soil... for rally cars yes but not for driving... a shop had a jdm integra for sale at 7 thousand... no one bought it because you cant register it, so they just decided to buy a shell from an auto auction (stolen but not claimed salvaged cars..still have clean titles), and they spent a month swapping all the parts from the jdm integra frame, to the oem frame. and they SOLD the drivable, registarable, and loveable integra for 22,000... they made a whopping 15, profit, well 14,000 because of the shell they bought... damn i should have bought it and done the same thing, but i have no motor skills, i dont know how to swap engines for shiiit. i drove the long way to school just to see the damn car everyday.. drools.

·
Registered
27 Posts
brianle on Feb/27/04 said:
yes it is the same as our shifting (pull left and up for 1st).

·
Registered
452 Posts
bobyahead on Feb/28/04 said:
i dont think the car is drivable on US soil... for rally cars yes but not for driving... a shop had a jdm integra for sale at 7 thousand... no one bought it because you cant register it, so they just decided to buy a shell from an auto auction (stolen but not claimed salvaged cars..still have clean titles), and they spent a month swapping all the parts from the jdm integra frame, to the oem frame. and they SOLD the drivable, registarable, and loveable integra for 22,000... they made a whopping 15, profit, well 14,000 because of the shell they bought... damn i should have bought it and done the same thing, but i have no motor skills, i dont know how to swap engines for shiiit. i drove the long way to school just to see the damn car everyday.. drools.
it is legal...in u.s. the process for registration is just more difficult. my friend owns a crx siR(daily driver) and cops pull him over all the time but he shows the cop registration and its all good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.