Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Looks horrible.
...and aren't '98 Spec JDM ITR headlights suppose to have HID's?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Honestly, I say go for it. I was thinking about doing this a few months back, but I was gunna get some chrome housing and paint them gunmetal and then do the amber sides. The only thing that holds me back is opening the headlight up.
If you really have your heart set on this project, dont let negative comments change your mind. See, the funny thing about all these ppl doing the whole JDM thing is that they pour all this time and money into a US car to make it look like a STOCK car in JAPAN... I mean, yeah you do the JDM conversion, but ppl in JAPAN probably think us AMERICANS are idiots because we try so hard to make our cars look like what theirs did when they bought them from the dealer.
This project will definitely make yours stand out from the rest, makes it unique. You have my support...

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
^^I think people in Japan really don't give a **** what we do over here. I think they could really care less about the JDM craze. They have the good ****, we have APC.

As far as why people do JDM conversions, I think alot of people are sick and tired of buying parts made here in the US that don't ****ing fit (I'm one of them). Bodykits, engine parts, interior parts. Alot of them are sloppily made, require modification because the maker didn't want to spend an extra 5 minutes in the R&D dept. to make this a quality product.

It's amazing, I bought a Greddy air panel "specifically designed for a USDM Acura Integra" and I hand to Dremel it to get it to fit. I buy JDM parts "specifically made to fit JDM Honda Integras" and they just bolt right up. It ludicrus, JDM parts are so much better quality than US.

In the end don't knock JDM the parts are great and they look good. IMO.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
Back to subject, they don't look too bad.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you like it I say go for it after all it is your car.... I personally don't like it as much but it is different. If your only concern about not doing it is opening up the headlights..... Go ahead and do it they are easy to open up... It sounds crazy but if ya put em in the oven and heat em up some the silicone/glue comes right apart. Make sure you have more cauk to fill the edges when you're done though. Or they WILL leak...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do whatever you like.Im going to buy a set of chrome lights and open them up.I was thinking about doing the amber corners as well.People are always going to hate no matter what just make yourself happy.But definatly seal them again when you put them back together.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have a JDM front end and i love it the way it is, i wouldnt mess with it at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.