Team Integra Forums banner

JDM gsr?

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  MichaelDelaney 
#1 ·
Is the jdm gsr engine worth getting for an engine swap?Endless performance in Houston, Tx sells and installs the jdm gsr engines that are suppose to have 180hp is this correct?and is it actually worth getting?

#10 ·
JDM GSR motors have 180ps (japanese power unit)...that is equivalent to approx 175-178hp. So JDM basically has only 5-8 more horses than USDM B18c1's...if JDM the JDM GSR motor is more expensive than the USDM version...it's not worth the 5-8hp increase, IMO.

#11 ·
Michael Delaney on Sep/04/02 said:
10.6:1 CR isn't going to stop the guy from running 8 psi boost. If you get an engine with the LSD option in the tranny then it may be a good deal.
I agree with Mike. The SiR-G's viscous slip differential is better than nothing, but take into account that you can get a helical gear differential out of a Type-R on eBay for a couple hundred bucks. If the difference in price for the JDM and USDM engines is more than that, obviously it may not be worth it.

#12 ·
Alright i talked to Endless Performance , and they said the jdm gsr engine does not come with the lsd option on the tranny , installed the price is going to run about $5,000, is this swap worth it? or should i just get the usdm gsr engine? besides the hp difference what else is different about the two engines?

#16 ·
you guys dont realise how much you are being ripped off. i can buy a JDM SiVTEC/SiR B18C engine for approx $700, i can get a 98/99 JDM ITR engine for about $2400 with warranty and less than 30k.

i would advise you to get the USDM B18C and spend the difference on a set of ITR/CTR cams and possibly a skunk2 I/M, you will then have more bhp than a stock JDM B18c for possibly less money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.