Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering how long this conversion could take me if...

- I let the shop do all the work.
- I primer and paint and do all of the work myself.

I know it will be a major PITA, especially primering and repainting everything. Can anyone with experience provide some helpful advice?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well... I took my car to Body Pros in Garden Grove, CA (supposedly well known in the import community)

It took them 6 months to finish my JDM front, the paint doesn't match correctly, and there is severe orange peel all over. I'm in the middle of a complaint against the shop with BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair) to have the shop get things fixed.

The thing is, my friend got his done at Body Pros about a month before I first dropped off my car, but his only took a week and a half and his paint matches perfectly.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I had my friend (who runs a body shop) do everything for me and it was installed and painted within a week. I got the parts (OEM) and paint and install for 2,200. Cant complain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bah, well I need to make some friends then
, how long does it usually take body shops to complete the conversions? A month? Does it generally run as cheap as $2200?

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Exid on Feb/07/04 said:
, how long does it usually take body shops to complete the conversions? A month? Does it generally run as cheap as $2200?
I dont see why it would take that long for a JDM conversion? a month? the hardest part is installing the JDM radiator support, other than that its bolt on.

so it shuldnt be more then a few days extra to how ever long it takes to primer/bondo/paint the car.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Exid on Feb/07/04 said:
Not really, parts alone run anywhere from $1500 to $3000, when you add in paint and labor, it's gonna be alot more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
im lookin forward to painting my car this summer, this orange peel you speak of, i notice that on the stock paint on my 94 RS, if i get it sanded down and repainted would it dissapear?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lucifer on Feb/07/04 said:
im lookin forward to painting my car this summer, this orange peel you speak of, i notice that on the stock paint on my 94 RS, if i get it sanded down and repainted would it dissapear?
If the body shop knows what they're doing and has competent workers, you shouldn't have to worry about anything. Unfortunately, this was not the case with Body Pros.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts