Team Integra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Can I ask you why you went with the automatic instead of the stick? No offense here, just a curious CL-S 6-speed owner. It's been a long time, too, so hello! :vtec228:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Can I ask you why you went with the automatic instead of the stick? No offense here, just a curious CL-S 6-speed owner. It's been a long time, too, so hello! :vtec228:
For one I wanted something different, and the lack of quantity of good 6 speed transmissions out there, weren't that many produced if you think about it, so I went auto...

·
Registered
335 Posts
For one I wanted something different, and the lack of quantity of good 6 speed transmissions out there, weren't that many produced if you think about it, so I went auto...
Not to mention if she has one of them, that only leaves about 3000ish left, then the ****ty accord v6 transmissions (which was the only one i could find), and the tl transmissions which you'll pay part if not all of your genitalia for.

Reactions: hungry718

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
How am I supposed to work in this **** really? To top it off, when it melts then my car and trailer are going to be surrounded by mud...
It was 13F in my garage last night when I got home. Balmy by comparison to the rest of the last few months.

Winter is for parts acquisition, research, planning, and playing with the kids in the snow. At least around Chicago it is.

Spring is coming. Patience grasshopper.

In the mean time.. :beer:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
OK guys, now that the weather is nice I can start working on the Integra again. Did a little work over the last 3 days, got my gas tank back up in the car and mounted (has the AEM 320 fuel pump in it been there for a while but never mentioned it i think). Also ran my AN fuel and return lines, just have to secure them to the underside of the car and they are done. I dropped the trans side of the motor down too so I could install a new trans filter. I also over the winter finished powder coating my valve covers as well as my intake manifold chambers. Yesterday I got the pass axle and half shaft in and ordered an 88 accord pass axle so I can build my driver side axle with my driver cl axle I have. Just need to figure out where I'm running my harness into the car at and then finish up a few other wiring issues and I can at least start the car up! From there all I need to do is bend and assemble my brake lines for the tuck and then the car could at least be taken down the road (still no exhaust for the car). Once I get the exhaust made I can get it inspected and tagged and get some wheel time! I'm excited and will be posting updates again here soon with pictures. Keep checking back!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Ok, update time, sorry no pictures, too busy actually being able to get stuff accomplished. Got my driver side axle made, used 03 CL inners and outters and used an 87 Accord passenger side shaft to assemble it, for the passenger side I was able to just use a factory 03 CL pass axle, keep in mind I am 36mm JDM ITR suspension. Next I got the fuel line and return line secured under the car with padded clamps and pop rivets. Also got all of my harness from Don installed, all the paddle shifters wired up, etc. Only thing I need to do to be able to start the car is throw the subframe back in it, put fluids in it, and and put the j pipe on, then I should have a video of it firing up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Epic build. Excited to see it run. How much power does the v6 make?
Depends on which one you go with. The j32a2 makes 260 crank hp

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah buddy! How much longer you think til it's mobile?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Yeah buddy! How much longer you think til it's mobile?
hopefully soon, all i need to do is do my brake tuck since there are no brake lines on the car at all right now, then install all the interior, then all I need to do is get an exhaust made, alignment, inspectionion, title it (cause the title has both mine and my fathers name on it from when I got the car years ago) and tag it, then ride out...

·
Registered
335 Posts
You have any plans for what your doing for the exhaust yet? I'm running ebay headers, custom deleted jpipe, then 3in straight pipe with vibrant resonator straight out the back an it's LLLOOOUUUDDD.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
You have any plans for what your doing for the exhaust yet? I'm running ebay headers, custom deleted jpipe, then 3in straight pipe with vibrant resonator straight out the back an it's LLLOOOUUUDDD.
I am either running ebay 2.5 high flow cat, Kteller 3" exhaust and a 14" resonator and a magnaflow muffler, or that setup with shop made non mandrel bent 3" tube...not sure yet, my buddy runs and exhaust shop that was the honda speed shop when I was young, he's gonna take care of me, he knows what I want and the best way to go about it...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Today I did my complete brake line tuck, fixed all the leaks, which turned out to be just not tightened enough fittings ( didn't have to remake any lines or reflare anything I had done previously). Once that was done I threw the air boxes for the heat/ac back behind the dash, then put in the carpet. Once that was in put the dash in for the last time and bolted it down, then i bolted in the drivers JDM Recaro. At this point I unloaded it from my car trailer where I work on it since I have no garage at home and gravel driveways and started it up and actually drove it for the first time in 8 or so years! The car is far from done but it is a huge step forward!

101 - 120 of 139 Posts