Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be adding my process so far on my car, the long journey that it is, and start documenting the rest of the build. I have this thread on J32a.com, k20a.org, and honda-tech.com as well.
Originally got the 2001 Integra LS in 2004 and then took it off the road around 2006 and has been apart ever since. Originally it was an LS, then went to a B20/Vtec, then proceeded to a B18C5 built block with a Crower built B18C1 head and turbo'd it. At that point I destroyed about 4 trannys in less than a month. Tore it apart and sold my motor set up to buy a hatch as a daily and build my teg. My plans were to k-swap the car but after gathering up parts over the course of a few years I decided to junk that idea and go J32a2 for the sake of being different. I was going to do a 6 speed but after talking with Don @ RPM I was set on tip-tronic setup, but with a twist, paddle shifter on the wheel. Well my progress took a backseat to my business that I owned, a sports bar. After 18 months of all work and no fun in the shop we could not renegotiate our lease so we closed up and I took a job doing debt negotiation. I now have a set 40 hour a week schedule, make great money, and have time to spend with my family and in my shop.
Now, on to the build thread!

When I got her, all stock lowered and on blades.

Skyline Drive

Skyline Drive Again

I thought I liked the black housing, never should have bought it....

Sitting on the dyno with my B20/Vtec build.

5 lug with CL Type S Wheels

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then the tear down began....

In the garage before I had room for it in my shop.

Another money pit of mine I used to have in the background.

Sunroof out, when I paint all nooks and crannies will be painted!

This is all trash now, remaking and tucking and hiding these.

Dirty as ****.

30 mins and the sub-frame looks so much cleaner.

Needs a little TLC before I put the sump on the bottom of it.

Now Onto Some Wiring

Stretched out the door

Junk ABS wiring I don't need anymore.

2.5lbs. of wires that I don't need anymore.

Looking a little empty

Ready for some shaving

Notice the battery posts and volt gauge where the battery used to be, wonder if it's getting relocated

"I like your accord man!"

"If that's an accord then I'm an armadillo!"

My buddy Mike helping me with the radiator support removal, thank god for good spot weld removal BITS, not that crappy thing that breaks to easy!

Mike and gangsta ass me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

My bumper, the white one was Mike's.

Finally I got my car to my shop...

If you look in the picture above you can see the dash hanging on the back left wall.

Next to my buddy'e built GSR block

As I made some progress on his build.

'08 Fit Sport Steering Wheel w/ Paddle Shifters

That is basically about 5 years in a quick photo timeline, some outta order but all close enough. Progress to come, getting the Fit steering wheel in the car was most recent.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so here is the setup I have for my steering wheel as well as the wiring pin out as I have tested it with am ohm meter and a 9v battery to verify, if anyone does find anything incorrect please let me know. The steering column is from a 99 SI, pretty sure any EK will work, factory Integra combination switch for lights/wipers, Honda Fit Sport clock spring/cable reel, Honda Fit Sport steering wheel with paddle shifters and the wheel wiring x2, part number is in the illustration. You need 2 of the harnesses because it plugs in to both sides of the clock spring/ cable reel, just cut off all the plugs on the dash side and wire them as illustrated below.
The Harness

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

What do you have under your hood? Haha

Well, I'm here at work and taking a lunch break decided to start on some wiring for my push button start (going completely keyless with a hidden ignition power button). Bet you would love to walk into a law office and see this sitting on someones desk....haha

It is just roughed up for now, got my s2k push starter in the car, hopefully some progress on my car at this shop this weekend.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
****small update****
got my fabric in for my headliner and sunvisors and got the visors tore apart, i'll post up the pictures of the visors on my lunch break since they are in my truck now, headliner has been in my basement for about a year now so i'll probably tackle this in a week or so.

Here are the visors stripped down and ready for a new look:

Did my sunroof slider the other morning, thought it turned out about near flawless, doing the headliner itself either tonight or tomorrow.

Also, here is a shot of some of my plates I've had in the past, didn't notice this until the other night but it reads "Demonic Piece of **** Integra Type R In VTEC" haha

Just finished my headliner, turned out great, no bad spots in it at all. Even got the fiancee to help some even though she says she hates the fabric pattern haha. I think it turned out ****ing awesome personally!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After I had gotten my sun visors apart I realized that I wasn't going to be able to upholster those so I took it to a local small upholstery shop, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome especially for only $25. Hopefully all my upholstery work is done now.
Went from this:

To this:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pictures to come shortly, but I got a great deal on some black suede w/red stitching JDM ITR Recaro's, traded my USDM ITR seats and some other random EK parks he could use. Long story short, they have EK rails on them, where in the hell can I source some sliding Integra rails for these? I've looked and can't find crap on them....
My "new" JDM ITR Recaros, this is before I have cleaned them, I will shoot some after pictures in the next day or so after I clean em.

I got one of the seats cleaned up really good yesterday using my Bissell Little Green. Here is the nasty ass after water and the cleaned seat (still wet and in the process of drying.)

Here is the passenger seat while drying and all the nastyness that came out of it.

I also today finished out modding the EK brackets that came on the Recaro's so they would fit the DC with all 4 bolt holes. I didn't take any pictures of the cut apart rails/sliders but basically I cut the welds on the sides of the back inside mounting tab and then drilled out the pin through the center that holds it to the rail. Once they were removed I bolted both parts up to the chasis and marked everything up and then welded them back together in the correct position. I will have pictures up later of the final product when I get a break from work and can walk out to my truck and snap a picture or 2. Sure as hell beats trying to sell them to get DC brackets or try to trade the EK for DC. Fabrication makes **** so much easier sometimes!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my 5 lug, and started putting it on, got the rears on the car but I have to get the axles pressed out of the fronts first. The RSX Type S wheels look pretty good too!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
Well at the end of last week my mom calls me and says, "Hey, just thought you would like to know I found 2 cash bonds in a file here at the house, stop by and get them" Hell yea, FREE Money (minus what I have to pay on taxes of course). So I prioritized my money and I paid off my fiancee's engagement ring I got her in December. The rest is going into the teg.
I went to the junkyard this morning and picked up my auto 04 Odyssey tranny for.....................dramatic pause.................................only $800 (he had it listed on car-part.com for $1395, gotta love being a good friend of the local junkyard owner. Also picked up another gas tank for only $50 with all sensors and such. I also scooped up the auto tranny cable that goes from the tranny to the shifter free courtesy of the owner as well as a front set of seat belts since mine walked away in a UPS box when I was planning on putting in a harness bar and harnesses. The reason I got another gas tank was I had a tank that I sumped and pulled all the useless EVAP sensors and **** off of before changing routes and going J32 where I will need all of it. So I needed a stock tank to put back in the car and the senors were around $400 for what I needed and they all came on the new tank, so I am just transfering them over to the sumped tank and if I ever want to sump this car in the future the tank is already done.
Moral to my story for the day, don't sell off parts to your car before you are sure you don't need/want them. Haha, at least in my case this **** was all from like3-4 years ago when the car was taking another direction.
Pictures to come later today when I walk out to my truck.
Some of the goodies I picked up at the junkyard

My auto conversion mounts courtesy of Don @ RPM Systems showed up on Wednesday, got them bolted up, can't wait to get my EGJ2 mounts now, can put the motor is and make some progress now. I also got an '05 S2K cluster and the pigtails from Wire Worx ordered, can't wait to get some progress made on this now!

So I was able to get a few things back from a buddy that was borrowing them. The main item was this:

Also, one of my 2 packages came yesterday from Wire Worx (great customer service I may add.) Guess what it is:

The second package is getting delivered to my work today, it's good to have another Honda buddy as the FedEx driver, he called me this morning and asked if he could drop it at work so he didn't have to drive all the way out to my shop since it was his only delivery out there! Good friends huh? Once it gets here I will post pictures.
Look what just showed up thanks to my boy L-Train with FedEx!

Well, got some goodies in the mail:

Let the fun begin!

Installed the passenger side frame rail mount

Installed the rear motor mount

Drivers side mount mocked up (nothing is tightened)

Rear motor bracket mocked up (nothing is tightened)

Passenger side mount mocked up (nothing is tightened)

I might be selling my USDM ITR cluster if anyone is interested, not sure of the mileage but I can change it to reflect actual mileage of your chassis if desired. If you're interested shoot me some offers.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE: Started getting the motor in last night, ran out of time because I had some other work to do on my DD, putting new brakes and such on it, but we got the motor in the bay, hopefully tonight actually getting it bolted in...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, finally got the motor bolted in last night, squats the front end like a SOB, but it's in. Very tight on the drivers side frame rail but it does not touch. Now on to the visuals.

Ground clearance with a dummy tire on the drivers side and an unknown temp suspension setup so the car can support weight.

Driver Side Frame Rail Clearance

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: To get everyone up to speed I have been doing some wheeling and dealing here recently. Traded a dropzone set of front lowering springs to a buddy for a stock set of front springs so the front of the car isn't on the ground while I am working on it and moving it around, so I not have about a beer can of ground clearance from oil pan to the ground now. Works for me, might even be able to get my car on a dolly now. I was able to scoop up an OEM ITR rear strut/spring combo for $45 bucks, so not my car is resting completely on a solid stock suspension (Before the rear was setting on some wooden 2x4's I cut to fit since I didn't have ITR rear struts or springs). I also traded my h23 block that was sitting around for 2 sets of factory wheels. 1 set was some RSX type s wheels (already have a set but who can say no to more wheels?) and the other set was a painted set of prelude 5 spoke wheels that are black with a bronze lip. I also got the m90 supercharger that I was able to scoop for cheap. Also got 2 new lower ball joints for my ITR 5 lug hubs since the ones that were on it upon arival were bashed to ****, so now the car is able to sit completely on the ground on its own and not be dragging anything! Might actually get to see some progress on this soon, I believe I am going to be doing some brake line work, just need to order about another $100 in parts and get some proper flaring tools.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I have several parts orders trickling in over the course of this week, and making a little progress at each one comes in as time permits. Once everything is here I should be able to start doing my complete brake line tuck, so stay tuned. One question I have about that is a buddy here who did a very extensive and expensie build did his brake line tuck and did all his flairs with 45 degree double flairs. He said so far no problems, I have read 37 single is recommended with AN connections, but would the 45 double cause problems? Anyways, one of the parts that came in was the hardline to -6an adapter for my fuel pump, installed it last night, the other one comes in tomorrow I believe.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well here is a small update, and sorry about the pictures, I rarely take the Nikon d3200 to my shop so they are from my evo and are of mediocre quality. I got everything for my fuel system and am slowly starting to mock it up and make the hoses. Here are the pictures of the first AN fuel line I made (ever) as well as where it adapts to the stock fuel rail with the stock FPR location blocked off. More to come in the upcoming days!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well when I was going to do my car as a k24 turbo monster I was going with a sumped fuel setup. I bought the sump and prepped the tank and could never find anyone to weld it shop wise and all my friends that could weld just never got around to doing it. Who would guess a geekier wouldn't make time to do anything that didn't involve smoking, snorting, etc? Anyways my buddy was at my shop the other week and had his good work welder at home and said if we needed anything welded to let him know. So the next day I dropped the tank and the sump at his shop and got a text last night saying it was done. I'm just going to cap off the 10an fitting for now but if I ever need it the sump set up is there...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last week I came across a steal of a deal on a set of OEM chrome prelude blades. Kicker is the tires aren't dry rotted and have a lot of life left! Anyways on Monday I was able to get my sunroof reinstalled with my custom wrapped sunroof slide. I am going to do some work on the car tonight after work and actually brought my Nikon D3200 camera so I should have some good pictures of the car in detail. Tonight my goal is to reinstall my heater/ac boxes and try to get the dash back in so I can see what room I have to work with for my brake line tuck. Update co ing soon!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow this thread is awesome. So much content compressed into a few posts. Looking forward to the paddle shifter setup and seeing this thing run!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow this thread is awesome. So much content compressed into a few posts. Looking forward to the paddle shifter setup and seeing this thing run!
Thanks, mostly just copy and past from my thread from another forum, so it covers a long time span, figured that was the easiest way to move it to here as we'll, I can't wait to get this thing on the road again, even though it is still a ways out.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts