Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been searching but i could'nt find an answer.

I am piecing the conversion together and i was wondering do i NEED the JDM reinforcement bar or can i connect the bumper support to the USDM rebar?

·
Registered
305 Posts
To use the usdm bar you would have to cut the bumper to make it fit but don't count on having a turbo with an intercooler. As far as the bar you can leave it out but just remember that if you have a front end accident at 10mph, your whole setup is toast.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx jawz.

Where would i have to cut the bumper?. And i'm not ever planning on a turbo setup. Anyway you can show me a pic of what you mean?

·
Registered
87 Posts
you dont NEED it.. but as the item says.. its the bumper reinforcement bar... if you hit anything from the front, that bumper is just gonna crush without it... albeit its pretty small to begin with, yet it will help some... youll also need the bumper extension bar to help out on the install of the bumper.

usdm rebar is a pain in the ass to install with the jdm.. why cut up and hack your bumper when there is such an easier way? you'll also lose all hope of adding an intercooler for a turbo down the road.

rebars can be found for around 60 bucks

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Forgive the JDM front newb question..

Why would a USDM bar screw up his turbo abilities? If I can add a turbo with intercooler to a USDM front, shouldn't I be able to add an intercooler to a JDM front with the USDM support.

That JDM support looks like a 2 year old child could run into it and damage it. Wimpy reinforcement bar's are

·
Registered
305 Posts
Because the opening for the jdm bumper sits higher and the bottom of the bar hangs in the opening, that is why you have to cut it to make it fit. And when you do put on the intercooler, the bottom of that hangs below the bumper itself to where you can see it. I tried it and did not work out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but are you saying you cant turbocharge w/ the jdm front end? Or just that you cant have the reinforcement on the jdm front end if you choose to turbocharge, which then means that you hit the bumper and it's done for...???

·
Registered
305 Posts
http://students.washington.edu/kristic/dc2front.html
Here is the link
But Yes you can turbo a JDM front end. What the topic is about is if you can use the usdm rebar. Now I tried it and with my intercooler and it hung below the bumper with the usdm rebar. it is not impossible but you will be running tight for space. if u use the jdm rebar you will be fine even though my intercooler just meets the bottom of thebumper

·
Registered
305 Posts
this is mine and the bottom of the intercooler is flush with the bottom of the bumper. That is the jdm rebar. now if the usdm rebar is put in you can see the intercooler on the bottom of the bumper which is not good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after reading from the link....it almost seems like i wont need the bumper support either. Screw it, I'm not going to get the JDM bumper rebar. Now is it possible to not have the bumper support either? Could you do it another way? Please no flames i just want to know.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don't think it would work because the bumper support is what holds the bumper to the lights, without it it would just hang limp. You would have a two inch gap between the lights and the bumper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts